Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And a close second at that. This site had a narrower occupation period, mainly French and Indian War and Rev War periods. It didn't have any US Large cents or state coppers, and only one KG III. Everything else was earlier British halfpennies and farthings - William III and George I and II. I have 12 Spanish silvers from this site, which was another military and tavern site along the road to Fort Pitt from the east. This site is also now off limits, not because the property changed hands, but the people managing the property changed.

ProctorCopper.jpg

Upvote 11

gold panner

May 22, 2016
vermont
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
two very good sites, hopefully when things change again you will get to re-visit

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
two very good sites, hopefully when things change again you will get to re-visit
The second best one I was able to hunt for 20 years and pretty much cleaned out everything but the deepest targets. The "best" site I was also able to hit hard for several years and got most of it thankfully

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job I would be haapy to find just one in my lifetime Great job you worked hard and earned every one of those bad boys Keep em coming

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job I would be haapy to find just one in my lifetime Great job you worked hard and earned every one of those bad boys Keep em coming
Tommy, I actually have another site with 50+ coppers and 20 silvers, mostly Spanish. The coppers aren't as nice because the ground is a little harsh.

grimysmurf

Greenie
Oct 21, 2010
Berkeley Springs , WV
Detector(s) used
Now . Equinox 800 , Fisher CZ6a
Past . AT Pro , Whites Coinmaster , Ace 250 , Bounty hunter pioneer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds . What detector were you using ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread