May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess you can tell I'm bored. When I can't go detecting, I kill people.....oops I mean I go a little off colour. So whats second best to detecting except my other half (have to say that ;)) & fishing - its pulling out old finds of course. I hope I'm not the only one that sorts, categorises, re-categorises, stares at & relive the good old days when finds were everywhere ::)

Following the trend in this best finds section, I'm going to ask you to post your COMPLETE collection of lead toys/objects. UPDATED - All single toys now count (didn't realise these were so rare). Now I hope this will create some interest as I don't think its been done yet ???

Looking through these takes me back to being a kiddie detectorist & my roots of detecting. ie the back & front yards/gardens of some friends 1930s houses. I found a tons of coins as well.

Most of the better ones are from those gardens & all the rest which are broken in the ploughed fields.

NOW GET SORTING ;D (and don't forget to wash your hands after touching those dangerous lead figures) ::)

Attachments

• lead toys.jpg
    lead toys.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 3,218
Upvote 0

ukeden

Jun 16, 2006
cumbria
Detector(s) used
ace 250,whites spectrum
Re: POST YOUR LEAD TOY COLLECTION

you truly have some amazing finds i would love to have your skil in detecting thanks for sharing

castle keep

Oct 23, 2007
ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Any that go bleep !!!!!

Im guessing this post will get loads of views but very little replies as this is my fav subject and even i cant post many pics :'( :'( :'(

These look to be mostly Britains Ltd with J Hill & Co with one very rare piece i would die for but thats for you to work out ;D ;D ;D

as a kid i sucked my lead figures and ran through my house with scissors then ate my crayons? im still here so i reckon health and safety are killing our children :'( :'( :'(

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

castle keep said:
Im guessing this post will get loads of views but very little replies as this is my fav subject and even i cant post many pics :'( :'( :'(

These look to be mostly Britains Ltd with J Hill & Co with one very rare piece i would die for but thats for you to work out ;D ;D ;D

I would love to see what you have found?

I thought that everyone found these :-[

castle keep

Oct 23, 2007
ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Any that go bleep !!!!!

oh yea i can post what i have but i'm guessing others dont have many so im just saying this thread is unfair :-[ :-\ :-\ :'(

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

castle keep said:
oh yea i can post what i have but i'm guessing others dont have many so im just saying this thread is unfair :-[ :-\ :-\ :'(

Oh, I wrongly assumed that these were standard finds in UK/US gardens/fields :-[ Back to the drawing board ???

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't call this a collection but I found all four of these a few years ago in a park at the base of a tree under a few inches of woodchips. Pretty good condition with most of the paint still on them. I know nothing about them. These are the only lead "toys" I have ever found over here. :) I think they are more commonplace in the UK versus the US.

Attachments

• 100_0821.jpg
    100_0821.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,826

castle keep

Oct 23, 2007
ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Any that go bleep !!!!!
ummm ok your right these are common finds but i was thinking only complete collections was unfair as not everyone finds then in bulk? so only time will will tell in this thread ;D
Just what are you classing as a collection? over a dozen ? i bet you dont get over 6 posts with collections over 12 pieces :-X

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my lead indian, found it in front of a house by chicago. I admire your lead airplane, but my heart is set on getting a WWI machine gunner with some of his friends....

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 2,792
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
castle keep said:
ummm ok your right these are common finds but i was thinking only complete collections was unfair as not everyone finds then in bulk? so only time will will tell in this thread ;D
Just what are you classing as a collection? over a dozen ? i bet you dont get over 6 posts with collections over 12 pieces :-X

Hi,
After your suggestion, I amended the original post to include any amounts :)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
I wouldn't call this a collection but I found all four of these a few years ago in a park at the base of a tree under a few inches of woodchips. Pretty good condition with most of the paint still on them. I know nothing about them. These are the only lead "toys" I have ever found over here. :) I think they are more commonplace in the UK versus the US.

Nice to see so much paint ;D

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
castle keep said:

Hi,
After your suggestion, I amended the original post to include any amounts :)

The more the merrier :)

HH
-GC

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Hey , I do have a collection of ......one!

Attachments

• PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 2,657

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't even have a whole one.....

Attachments

• LeadLeg.jpg
    LeadLeg.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 2,682
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jopher said:
Hey , I do have a collection of ......one!

But it is a very nice one :)

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going through my relic photo files and found this one I took of lead figures, I do not find many due to where I hunt and I possibly have more in my "undocumented" boxes of stuff, but here at least is a photo of a few of mine.

Don

Attachments

• Lead figures2.jpg
    Lead figures2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,587

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
diggummup said:

Nice to see so much paint ;D
They obviously weren't there for too long before I found them. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread