What do you all DO with your non-money finds?

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With jewelry I do my best to find/return it to the original owner. Most historically significant finds (including coins) I donate to the local historical society in educational display cases. In normal years the staff takes the display cases to elementary schools and senior centers for show-and-tell. With the pandemic this year - the cases remain on display at the museum. Below is an article describing one such donation. It keeps my little house/garage clutter-free. Knowing that once I'm gone no one in my family will want the "stuff", I'd rather have the peace-of-mind giving it to a good home now than have it thrown out after I'm gone.

P.S. Having a good relationship with the historical society helps me get permission to detect properties owned by members! :occasion14:

Attachments

• C-W Neighbors.jpg
    C-W Neighbors.jpg
    789.3 KB · Views: 63

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
P.S. Having a good relationship with the historical society helps me get permission to detect properties owned by members! :occasion14:
I can attest to that! I reached out to a person from the historical society to ask if I could borrow a copy of one of her books... after explaining what I was doing research for she told me I could come over to her place and check out a couple old sites. Didn't find anything fantastic but I found a few nice old relics and as most of us would agree, any day spent digging is a good day.

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I make shadow boxes to display stuff and give stuff away, and TH ringy2.JPG ROW CRAP away

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is what I do with the stuff til I slow down during the winter and sort it out, it one the table of DOOM DSCF0006.JPG

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sort them into similar categories, restore the nicer ones, sort out the scrap for future disposal/redemption, put the nicer small finds into Riker Cases.
Nick

Well now you've gone and done it. What's a Riker case?
(An example with items in it is acceptable! :icon_thumleft:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread