index.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,782
Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's so beautiful... I've only seen modern reproductions of that ring. I would give up a lifetime of detecting to find something as sweet as that...

Bran <><

OP
OP
bubbas

bubbas

Aug 31, 2006
holland
godisnum1 said:
That's so beautiful... I've only seen modern reproductions of that ring. I would give up a lifetime of detecting to find something as sweet as that...

Bran <><

hi Bran (thanks) ;D

this ring is found in holland

gr bubbas ;D

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Looks like something you would see in a museme. Thats the most amazing ring I have ever seen. Great job and keep digging.

aaron7

Aug 24, 2005
Townsend, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
My dream is to find a ring such as that and wear it! I can't imagine what it would feel like to put something so old on your finger. Congrats!!

cjprice

May 21, 2006
Cape Coral, FL
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Tesoro Silver Umax
Have you been able to find out anymore information on the ring, and the makers mark. Also, How deep was the ring?

Thanks for sharing!!!

~Chris
Cape Coral, FL

Attachments

• th_thway2go.gif
    th_thway2go.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,113

Grimnar

Mar 22, 2006
Vic
Very nice ring. Beautiful colour to it as well.
DJ_Quinn is correct it is a claddagh ring , the design is exactly the same as the Irish one.

The Claddagh's distinctive design features two hands clasping a heart, and usually surmounted by a crown. The elements of this symbol are often said to correspond to the qualities of love (the heart), friendship (the hands), and loyalty (the crown).

Hope this has helped.

Attachments

• 180px-Ring-of-claddagh.jpg
    180px-Ring-of-claddagh.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1,093
L

LandStar

It is definitely an actual Claddagh ring...These were given usually by royalty to loved ones to signify thier bonds to one another. The Hands signify Friendship, the Crown Loyalty, and the heart is for love.
Great find...

HH,

OP
OP
bubbas

bubbas

Aug 31, 2006
holland
LandStar said:
It is definitely an actual Claddagh ring...These were given usually by royalty to loved ones to signify thier bonds to one another. The Hands signify Friendship, the Crown Loyalty, and the heart is for love.
Great find...

HH,

hi ;D

i am not sure that it is a Claddagh ring.
in holland these rings are made from the 15th century also

the name claddagh has been given to these kind of rings in that country ,bud in holland they made them also so.... ::)

gr bubbas ;D ;D ;D

able_walker

Jun 25, 2007
I've always wanted to say this.....THAT SHOULD MAKE THE BANNER!!......lol.Lovely ring,the thing just oozes history and oh if it could talk.

L

LandStar

I have seen that cross mark before that is on the side of your ring, but I have no idea who's mark it is....??? ???

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
VERY NICE, ONE CAN STILL SEE THE FILE MARKS , MUST OF BIN LOST JUST SHORTLY AFTER IT WAS MADE, YET THE OVERLAPING HANDS DO SHOW SIGNS OF WARE DUE TO THE HIGH "K" CONTENT. GREAT FIND!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread