Half dollar house

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hello, I am new to this forum and wanted to post a couple of recent firsts!!!! I found both of these halves in my own yard. I purchased a Radio Shack Discovery 2000 in 1998 and never found the time to successfully use it. I decided that this was the year. My house was built in 1863 and I knew there had to be something of value. So far these are the only goodies besides a few modern pennies. I was told that someone detected here a few years back (he probably got all the other keepers), but I'm glad he left me a couple!!!!!! In the meantime I'll keep diggin' lol? . I think the 1903 Barber is burn victim or has a bad case of acne!!!! ---- Greg

Attachments

• MD Halves.jpg
    MD Halves.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,216
Upvote 0

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently that barber went thru a fire at one time or another. What a shame. But it looks much better than the barber half I havent found yet. Congrats!! HH

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, I live in an old school house all I have found is a nail, a staple and a piece of sotter, but I have only dug a few holes. Just got my new BH (Bounty Hunter) in the mail yesterday going to NC today taking the BH with me.

Welcome to the Forum!! Have Fun and HH!!

Oh, I found this at an old school in my home town with the BH I returned, so metal detecting is worth it.

Attachments

• BankToken002.jpg
    BankToken002.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,330
  • BankToken002.jpg
    BankToken002.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,278

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!

Post more!

HH

Lonewolfe

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Michigan Badger said:
If my history is correct, I think they had a small pox eppidemic the year that Barber was minted.
LOL ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread