Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was really lucky finding a field in Eastern NC, not in same hole but in one field I found 7 Cast Block I buttons. Shown here are 6 of them, I gave one to the land owner. They ring up so good on detector. but if you look at them, the 2nd button still has the stick in the back of it that i found with the button. In the field if they didn't have thread sometimes they would use what they had. The fifth button to the right has of course the outer ring but looks like a depression between that and field where the I is. The button on the far right the I was struck twice (Double Struck) causing an I over I, which you do see this in coins, but i thought was pretty cool on the button. In all of the examples I have seen, have not seen much of this. Just wanted to share. HH and stay cool. Thanks for looking.

Block I 1.jpg

Block I 2.jpg

Block I 3.jpg

Upvote 8

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buttons. I don't know how a cast button can be double struck. If cast, it must have been a flaw in the mold.

OP
OP
erfranks

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cast/Struck, I just know out of the 6 that one has a Double I and out of all examples i have seen one yet. I just thought it was neat.:dontknow:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cast/Struck, I just know out of the 6 that one has a Double I and out of all examples i have seen one yet. I just thought it was neat.:dontknow:
One of the mold cavities must have had that doubling which means there are probably more like it out there....somewhere.

OP
OP
erfranks

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the mold cavities must have had that doubling which means there are probably more like it out there....somewhere.

Now that just gives us something to look for now, try to find more.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great Saves of the Confetrit' Block I buttons. I have always wanted to find one of these, but they have elluded me this far. I'd better hurry up, I'm running out of time. Lol The double cast button is indeed cool, also the button with the stick in the buttons back.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread