Artifacts recently found from the 1800's at our ranch

Benclark

Aug 7, 2021
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

This is my first post on the forum and I'd excited to share my recent discoveries!

Our ranch has been in the family for more than 100 years and there were always stories about war battles during the time when my great great grandfather operated a sheep farm in the late 1800's.

A couple of weeks ago I found an older map that showed an area of the ranch labeled the "Old Camp". So I decided to walk the area and I was shocked to find more than I ever thought.

I went a little heavy on the presentation of each artifact because I plan on showing them to my extended family at our next family reunion.

button.png china.png dial_clover.png doll_buckles.png

Upvote 15

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrat's to you on some Great Historical saves and finds. Finding these artifacts on your property make these artifacts all the more personal. Be careful as to not give too much information away as to your site and property. Some surf these forums in search of such information. You are off to a great start. I have been a relic hunter for nearly 40 years and I have compiled a catalog of my nicer finds relics of info. such as the I'D of the artifact, the date and location where found such as a battle site or encampment, and whether the relic was a Confetrit' or Union or a Federal piece. Also any piece of information that could go along with the artifact, such as carved bullets found in encampments, whether it may have been a Corps Badge, or a game piece, or just a bullet whittled on by a bored of homesick soldier. This way years later you can go through your catalog that coincides with your display cases and relive the excitement on your finds years later. By the way, A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia from an ole' relic hunter, and the Best of Luck to you on your site. Pound that site hard, low and slow.

Devidog - you have great wisdom here, we could not have said it better...~!
Thanks!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the compliment. I'm by no means an expert, I just try to lend some information that may hopefully be found to be helpful by some.

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing artifacts, research & presentation!:hello2: Lots of good advice already given. Since your finds were concentrated in one area, consider excavating some 1 yard x 1 yard test pits there, then sifting. If you remove the dirt in 1 inch layers, you'll be able to keep track of what artifacts come out at what depth. Wishing you the best of success!

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice presentation! Looking closely at the doll pieces, I would venture the material is bone not ivory. What a killer site for you and your family!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions