897.3 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 15

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All, just completed the display case appearing in the picture below. It is the result of 1 1/2 years of genealogy, history, and metal detecting. The description at the top says it all.

Very good work on that case.I truly like the history on your ancestor,interesting and informative.Kudos on your persistence in your research.

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good work on that case.I truly like the history on your ancestor,interesting and informative.Kudos on your persistence in your research.

crash, thanks! I find that persistence overcomes all...

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great! Amazing he was fighting wars at 70+ years old!

Lenrac2, yes that part blows my mind. Some believe he also served in the French & Indian War, but I have yet to verify. I a trip it would be to meet him in person.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Nice work on the Display Case and the History to go along with the case. Your Patriot Ancestor would be proud to know that he has ancestors living today that care enough about his personal life exploits and our American History. Congrat's

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice work on the Display Case and the History to go along with the case. Your Patriot Ancestor would be proud to know that he has ancestors living today that care enough about his personal life exploits and our American History. Congrat's

devldog, thanks! My ultimate goal is to have a monument erected to him in a cemetery not far from where he lived and where his daughter and her family are buried. Until then I've got this case. If something happens to me I'll have my Executor donate it to the local historical society or the Ohio History Connection.

Time permitting I'd like to re-visit the valley where I think he lived in the late fall and search some more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a awesome work for Display case dedicated History to go along with the case

Renner, thanks for the kudos and welcome to Tnet! The history, at least to the best of my knowledge, makes the contents of the display case my best find to date (metal detecting 50+ years off & on).

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome display and history! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread