Dagger Megalodon

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the storms coming to an abrupt halt, I knew that it was time to go out on the bay yet again. A few days earlier, I had done just that. With all the storms that had been happening recently I knew that going out would probably be worth the efforts. And I was right. Despite an inflatable canoe with a hole in it (it?s now getting repaired) and a stormy day, I still came away with a really nice Meg about 2 1/4 inches long. This beach has been really good to me. Every time I go here, I always leave with at least one complete Megalodon. Here?s all the finds: C563E909-1CCD-49F7-BAF9-871C17039C25.jpeg 6CABDE7A-20B0-4579-844E-1A98EDF2D37B.jpeg BBAE2645-911E-40D5-94C0-E3E9EB1A32D8.jpeg

Thanks for reading guys!

Upvote 11
OP
OP
Fossil_adult

Fossil_adult

Apr 9, 2021
Detector(s) used
Got a Chinese knockoff brand off Amazon. Now I don’t know how to use it or where to even begin.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent post. I got a fairly late start but still have been hunting fossils along Calvert Cliffs for 40 tears. As a graduate student, I was on a collaborative research cruise in the late 1970's on the Johns Hopkins research vessel "Ridgely Warfield". My graduate advisor saw me admiring the way the sun played on the cliffs in the morning and told me "there are fossil shark teeth that erode out of those cliffs" and "you can pick them up on the beach" "big ones too". At the time, I thought it would be cool to live there. Two years later, I took a job in the area and lived at the end of Plum Pt Rd. And so it began.

Like you, I still pick up the small teeth. If you don't bother with them, you will miss some fossil porpoise and croc teeth. It can be frustrating when the choppy waves we get here carry a tooth away, so I use a "sand dipper" (the one with the cam-locks) and it is perfect for picking up teeth

The Brownies Beach closure was a ridiculous over-reaction by local authorities and I wouldn't blame you a bit if you paddled around the fence and signs - lol.

I can't walk the 5 to 6 miles and climb over, crawl under and go around all the fallen trees in this heat. I remember how easy it was when there were so few cliff falls.

I still do paddle over to brownies but at this point I go to the secluded spots along the bay. It’s a whole lot better that way. I got yelled at at brownies because they thought I was trespassing and said the only way I wouldn’t be trespassing is if I got there by boat �� and I showed them my boat. They got friendlier after that. I’m not one for trespassing but I don’t live in Maryland so the only way to get around here is by boat. I would’ve preferred to do it from a public beach but now that they’ve closed off access I’m forced to get my megalodons another way. After all, the flow of big teeth cannot stop. So I think I’m gonna stick to doing it this way, even if access is open, because I get much bigger teeth and a larger quantity of teeth by going to secluded areas. Anyways if you see me around feel free to say hi. I normally have an inflatable canoe around and a grey hat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread