My best find

nheikes

Jan 12, 2007
York Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I hope this is the right place to post this. So here goes. My best find ever. I was working the second shift about 5 years ago and a buddie of mine said "Let's go have a few beers at the club after work." Being that I like to keep the Coor's company finanicaly stable, I said sure. Being a little short on cash that night I said I have to run to the quick bank first (ATM). At that time beer was only $.50 a bottle. So I went to the local ATM and demanded $20. When my loot came out for my evening of pleasure I knew something did not look right about the $20. Just looked old. So I just stuck it in my pocket and then demanded another $20 from the ATM. They must really understand a man's needs because it just spit me out another $20 like it's not a problem. Ok to make a long story short, when I got home and look at my money the next morning this is what I found. My best find ever. ::)

Attachments

• front 001.jpg
    front 001.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1,081
  • back 001.jpg
    back 001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,086
Upvote 0
OP
OP
nheikes

nheikes

Jan 12, 2007
York Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
A social club I belong to. Members only. There prices have gone up since then to $1.25

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I'm ignorate, what is the value of that nice looking bill?

OP
OP
nheikes

nheikes

Jan 12, 2007
York Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Probably worth $20 - No big deal - I'll keep it for ever

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
That's very cheap for beer, it's £2 a bottle in the pubs where I live, thats just over $4. if you go to a club it's about £3.50. God bless America.

OP
OP
nheikes

nheikes

Jan 12, 2007
York Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I try not to pay over $6 for a 6 pack of 16 oucncers LOL

mrdigger

Jul 24, 2007
Fabulous Find!!! Did anyone notice the note is payable on demand in GOLD!! That bill should be worth alot more than $20.00 even in bad condition.

Nice Goin!!

mrdigger

OP
OP
nheikes

nheikes

Jan 12, 2007
York Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I knew it was a gold note, but was wondering if anyone else noticed that. :D

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
I knew it was gold too...used to collect $2 bills and went to the bank I had normally gotten my bills. A fellow had just cashed in around $500 in $2 bills. I asked about buying them, but the girl said all the silver certificates had already be taken by the tellers. I said I'd buy what they still had. No silver certificates, but 32 bucks in 1928 federal notes, just like yours and all redeemable in gold!! I had a contest and gave one or two away, gave a couple to my nephews, then sold the rest, made around seventy bucks and they were in used condition! Congrats on a sweet find, I still check all my bills, especially after a friend recieved a $100 bill silver certificate when he cashed his check about five years ago!!

harpp

Jul 20, 2006
san jose ca.
Detector(s) used
WHITES CLASSIC 3/ WHITES M 6
hey golden coin, i found badge like yours. it looks to be made by the same company

Attachments

• cropped badge2.jpg
    cropped badge2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 544
  • cropped badge2.jpg
    cropped badge2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 541

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread