morse1.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,636
Upvote 1

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you go back and hunt for anything else there? Or was it a one time thing... ???
Either way, that's pretty awesome!! It's sad it didn't come out in one piece!

Bran <><

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
Good stuff ! I would imagine there may be some other goods there.

OP
OP
Chitlin

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D.. Sometimes I wish I could go back to 1986.... I think that area is under hospital now.. Sorry I should have mentioned that....

T-Net has me pulling out the archives... fun stuff for the cold winter days inside.

Huntr1

Oct 26, 2005
Mechanicsville, MD
Chitlin said:
..well, part of one anyway. Best thing about being the rat on a construction crew and made to clean up after major demolition... It's chewed up and missing some parts but considering only 1000 of these were ever made.. I would consider it one of our best finds.

Chitlin

Great find! Is it restorable?
Huntr

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
That's a fantastic Confederate find!!! Did this happen to find this near Charleston, where allegedly 400 of these were captured and destroyed? I see you're in South Carolina, the best place to be if you're hoping to find one of these. Damaged or not that's worth some dough.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best finds I have seen for sure.Congrats on a great wall hanger!

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Looks to me like you got most the important parts, Chitlin!

Great old piece...

Should be a nice project to re-build the missing parts and complete it.

R M P T R

OP
OP
Chitlin

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. No. No. ::)

Remember this was found about 20 years ago. I am only "co-finder" and keeper of the Morse. I fractured vertebra in my neck and cleaned this gun up while I was laid up in the Halo... another one of those memories I don't think I could put a price on it. I am quite sure it was destined for the dump with a truckload of debris if we (my current hunting buddy) hadn't snagged it....It was a job site, not a place we were hunting.

We were told it was more of a relic than a gun, noone really ever quoted any sort of price. One side is purrty, the other side not so purrty....I always wondered if it would better to try an restore it or leave it as is... I hear about people ruining stuff "restoring" or refinishing things?????

Chitlin

Attachments

• morse3.JPG
    morse3.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 924
  • morse4.JPG
    morse4.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 932

954hunter

Dec 10, 2007
Ft. Laud. Fl
Detector(s) used
Excal. II
I kinda know a guy that is, I'm sure, an expert on this sort of thing ......If you would like me to look into this for ya, let me know.....either way, great find.

OP
OP
Chitlin

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't really ever put a "price tag" on my (our) stuff. One thing that kinda freaked me out about this last episode at the dirt I'll call the vulture field..... People would pick something up and if I asked them what it was they would quote me a price instead of reveling in the beauty of a historical artifact...made me sad....

Knowing the hisrtory of the building and area would be cool, (kind of a blur as I was 23 years old at the time)... I'll ask my buddy.... as for now, I just like looking at it and holding it every now then....and sharing with the T-net folks...

Chitlin

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Save....And Thank's for pullin' it out of the dirt.Nice piece....Congrat's...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread