17 reasons I like my X-Terra

1957gmc

Nov 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, X-Terra 70, X-Terra 50, X-Terra 30, Minelab Advantage, White's XLPro, White's MXT. Can't have enough good detectors!
One of my favorite coins to dig up is the Seated Liberty dime. Not only are they a small target, they are so "few and far between" around here that, up until two years ago, I had found only 25 Seated dimes over the previous 33 years of detecting. Anyway, as I was sorting through my coins from recent hunts, I noticed that I was cataloging quite a few of them. I was surprised to find that, since the introduction of the X-Terras, I'd found an additional 17 seated dimes. I could give myself credit for doing better research, hunting better sites and being a better detectorist. But to be honest, I have to give some (most) of the credit to Minelab.

Of these 17 dimes found with my X-Terras, I found 2 with the X-30 and 7.5 kHz stock coil, 5 with the X-50 and stock 7.5 kHz coil, 1 with the X-50 and 6-inch DD, 2 with the X-70 and stock 7.5 kHz coil, 3 with the X-70 and 3 kHz coil and 4 with the X-70 and 6-inch DD.

Winter has set in around here and my "detecting" has turned into researching new places to hunt in 08. Hopefully the trend with seated dimes continues. Or better yet, maybe 08 will finally yield me a gold coin. HH Randy

Attachments

• 17 seated dimes found with the Xterra.jpg
    17 seated dimes found with the Xterra.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,165
Upvote 0

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hi Randy

Where are you located in the USA? You say winter has set in so I figure in the NE someplace.

That is a nice accumulation of seated liberties.

do you keeps statistics on all of your finds such as the coil, the machine. date, where found, etc?

thanks for taking the time to post

HH

sanat

OP
OP
1957gmc

1957gmc

Nov 29, 2004
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, X-Terra 70, X-Terra 50, X-Terra 30, Minelab Advantage, White's XLPro, White's MXT. Can't have enough good detectors!
I live in SW Iowa. This part of the State wasn't settled until the mid-1850's. So finding SL coins is a pretty special deal to me! I've only seen one Bust coin retrieved. And my brother found it last year, at a homesite along an old Missouri River channel.

I have been detecting for over 35 years and have tracked my finds since the beginning. I separate my finds by date, and mark down the detector used, coil used, site hunted and anything else pertinate to the recovery. I can't tell you how many times I have been glad I did! Before the days of GPS, overlaying photographes or making a handdrawn map of a site is about all we had to go by. That may not sound like much to guys hunting in parks with trees etc. But when you are out wandering around a 160 acre corn field, just narrowing down the exact spot is a big help for the next time you hunt it. HH

Randy

Attachments

• ghost chautauqua.jpg
    ghost chautauqua.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,142

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Congrats Randy! That's a fine collection of seated dimes. I have a X-30 and hope there is one in my future. Good luck to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions