First and only

whispers

Jan 1, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
dfx
My 1781 2 reale and 1838 half dime didn't take too well to the flash,I have them on seperate pics.The 1852 Canadien half penny token was found by an old foundation by a copper mine as was my civil war token. The 1845 large cent was found on an old dirt road on top of a mountain in Chelsea VT.This was a favorite for awhile as I had showed a "friend" one of my spots and watched him dig out close to 20 large cents from that area last summer while I was coming up dry.My day finally came when He took me to one of his haunts.He went up one side of road and I the other.Comming back down on his former side of road and he mine,I got a quarter hit 4" down and Got a sliver of payback.The 1785 Nova pointed rays and barely ledgible,Waffer thin spanish 2 reale and half dime I found all in same day .That day I broke my oldest coin record 3 times 1838,1785,then 1781.I have read many post where t-netters say they don't believe they will ever beatout some of there best finds and end up doing just that.I remain open minded but really don't think i'll ever get into the 1600's unless I move to Mass or Conn.The last coin I almost forgot to mention was an 1867 2 cent piece.I Didn't even know they made them so I was surprized.The mini ball was my son's first ever find with the Prism V I got him for his B-Day.I really was quite proud of him as he doesn't have much patience and I wanted him to stay interested,at least for one summer.I think he's hooked and a father himself now,So finding time to Hunt is a bit tricky.My granddaughter is my little helper when we go out and she is getting less dangerous with the Garden shovel each hunt.I can't wait untill the ground thaws. Good Luck All

Attachments

• Picture 009 coins.jpg
    Picture 009 coins.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,065
  • Picture 009 coins.jpg
    Picture 009 coins.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,063
  • Picture 010 coins.jpg
    Picture 010 coins.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,044
  • Picture 011 cois.jpg
    Picture 011 cois.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,042
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a great post, Whispers!! ;)

Thanks for telling us all the details and the stories behind your finds. It makes it more exciting!! :) :)

Good luck in breaking your oldest coin record!! :)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small tip, when taking flash photos of silver, don't take it square on, take it at an angle.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. Any chance we could get a better shot of the 1785 Nova. It got a little cut off in the first pic. Thats an incredible array of finds. Big congrats to you.

cival war hunter 2 !

Dec 29, 2007
Hi, there is a mine here in WV at a park do you think that's a good place to look? I fond a 1942 wheat pennie there by a tree, my freinds did not find anything, well if you won't to email me heres my email address [email protected],thats a good find keep mding

OP
OP
W

whispers

Jan 1, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
dfx
Thanks for the kind words and advice on photo taking.I think the old copper mine is a good place to hunt if you're patient.It has been opened and closed several times over the last couple hundred years and there were a lot of workers housing (small village practically) these buildings are long gone now.I've found my only three IH there 1903,1859,186Something.They are very easy to pass up as they sound like crap and the ground is loaded with copper coloered clay and copper or I've been fooled by many fist size hunks of copper ore thinking they were pennies.Today Pike Hill Copper mines is a Superfund site as the tailings run into a brook.Also I can't seem to up there without bringing Home these suspender thingys.Some are quite decorated.That place takes me back in time when I go up.I don't dare to go into the caves alone though and haven't found anyone to accompany me down into the shafts.Nothing worth getting hurt over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread