Good Coins Come In Three, Half Dimes That Is!!

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

As you may have been reading in BuckleBoy's posts, December was a VERY productive month for us. There were many great coins and relics found just before the New Year, including the best coin finds ever for me. These three Seated Liberty Half Dimes were all found at the same site in just a months time! The first one (1854) was found in the beginning of December, the second one (1853-O) was found in mid December and the final one (1850-O) was found at the beginning of January and was my first silver coin of the New Year! It's amazing to think that someone lost these coins long ago and here we are over a hundred years later searching at a house that is no longer there and finding these little pieces of American History! Up until I got my XLT I had only found 3 silver coins in about 10 years of detecting (pretty bad huh?) and now its like the coins and cool relics just come easily. Anyway, I just wanted to share my best coin finds. Enjoy!! Thanks and HH!

Fox

Attachments

• hdimes1.JPG
    hdimes1.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 1,047
  • hdimes2.JPG
    hdimes2.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,053
Upvote 0

Shoe

Nov 18, 2007
Addison Township, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
FoxHound said:
It's amazing to think that someone lost these coins long ago and here we are over a hundred years later searching at a house that is no longer there and finding these little pieces of American History!

I know what you mean - those coins could have been in the ground years before your grandfather was born, and waited all that time for you there.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice FH.
I'm glad to hear that new detector is finding the silver for you.
Congrats,
MM

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are real nice finds. I have an 1861 half dime. It is amazing how they are in such good condition after being in the ground for so long. They are very tiny coins.

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hi Fox

Thanks for sharing these lovely coins. Imagine finding three at the same site! Where they all in the same general location or scattered about the property?

Thanks for sharing

HH

Sanat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions