A is for......Artillery

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: ..but alas, my buddy with his "MaGarrett" found it.... at my spot in my neighborhood.....sheesh. We were walking back to the truck, gotta go pick up the wee one from school, so no fooling around... he gets a hit and hadn't found anything all 2 hours except can slaw. I of course scoff at him and tell him to hurry it up. Boom. Painfuly sweet as the Confederate button still eludes me..... The "Swifts Golden West Fatted Fowl" thing is weird. Has "Patented June 8 1924" and "P.B. Co." on the back...

Oh, and I cleaned the button up enough to see the backmark, Superior Quality. I don't think it's all that special except to us.

Good times.

Attachments

• art2.JPG
    art2.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,116
  • art.JPG
    art.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,120
  • art1.JPG
    art1.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,124
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A is for......

Apple...

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome button!

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats, I have only found one button and it was a general service eagle button. I wish it was CSA.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Seriously, if I were to guess I would say it looks like a 1880-1915 era service button of something like the police, post office, railway or similar.

OP
OP
Chitlin

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lol, I'm just glad I don't have a big fat ZERO in the reply column any more.....

Check this link: http://www.saylerscreekrelics.com/confbtn.htm

Scroll down to Confederate Artillery. Also, this button was dug on the site of a pivotal and gnarly Civil War battle. I'm pretty sure it's real...but what do I know :tard:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chitlin said:
lol, I'm just glad I don't have a big fat ZERO in the reply column any more.....

Check this link: http://www.saylerscreekrelics.com/confbtn.htm

Scroll down to Confederate Artillery. Also, this button was dug on the site of a pivotal and gnarly Civil War battle. I'm pretty sure it's real...but what do I know :tard:

Email the contact on the above site & pretend you want to sell it

OP
OP
Chitlin

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't follow the logic in doing that Crusader. I don't want to sell it, so why waste each others time by pretending.... :icon_jokercolor:.....

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chitlin said:
I don't follow the logic in doing that Crusader. I don't want to sell it, so why waste each others time by pretending.... :icon_jokercolor:.....

People, especially sales/dealers don't give information freely unless you have a relationship. If they think they are getting something from it then information flows. You could straight out ask if you like. I thought you wanted the truth?? Is it real? Where was it made, when was it made?

I never sell anything & most of the time I stick to the truth, but when I see buttons on those sites selling for stupid money, then I read 'greed & profiteering'.

OP
OP
Chitlin

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is the exact button on another site... I was being facetious when I said I think it's real and when I said it wasn't all that special was due to it's condition. I think it's you(Crusader) who are (is) the only one questioning it's authenticity. It's OK to question, that is what healthy discussions are all about, it's all good...questions are good. The only 2 people on this site I believe without a blink are PBK and Montana Jim.

I think the button deal is the same as coins in that it's not so much the what it is or even when it was. What interests a collector is the how many were made and the what they were used for. Personally, I wouldn't give someone else 10 bucks for it but finding it in my neighborhood is priceless.
8th button down on the link...(didn't take me to the write up!)

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...lery+button&start=60&gbv=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chitlin said:
Here is the exact button on another site... I was being facetious when I said I think it's real and when I said it wasn't all that special was due to it's condition. I think it's you(Crusader) who are (is) the only one questioning it's authenticity. It's OK to question, that is what healthy discussions are all about, it's all good...questions are good. The only 2 people on this site I believe without a blink are PBK and Montana Jim.

I think the button deal is the same as coins in that it's not so much the what it is or even when it was. What interests a collector is the how many were made and the what they were used for. Personally, I wouldn't give someone else 10 bucks for it but finding it in my neighborhood is priceless.
8th button down on the link...(didn't take me to the write up!)

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...lery+button&start=60&gbv=2&ndsp=20&hl=en&sa=N

Wrong, I never questioned its authenticity. I always try & give helpful advice, if you don't want it then ignore me.

OP
OP
Chitlin

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK. What ever dude, if your "helpful advice" includes e-mailing people to "pretend I want to sell it", I will. You say you never questioned it's authenticity? :icon_queen: .... I could use the quote feature, or maybe you can use the edit feature.... but what's the use?

A is for Apples...... J is for Jacks...... Cinnamon toasty Apple Jacks.....and railway service buttons... :idea1:

Hey, I'm glad the post didn't stay at zero level, plus I got props from the Gypsy Lady...So. :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome Button Chitlin.....McCoy's all the way!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chitlin said:
OK. What ever dude, if your "helpful advice" includes e-mailing people to "pretend I want to sell it", I will. You say you never questioned it's authenticity? :icon_queen: .... I could use the quote feature, or maybe you can use the edit feature.... but what's the use?

A is for Apples...... J is for Jacks...... Cinnamon toasty Apple Jacks.....and railway service buttons... :idea1:

Hey, I'm glad the post didn't stay at zero level, plus I got props from the Gypsy Lady...So. :thumbsup:

Clearly the humour was lost on you. I know very little about US buttons. When I don't know I best guess with the hope it will spur ideas in others.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have just realised that this is in the best finds, so may account for my confusion.

When you posted it under A is for....... (without Artillery which you added later) then I assumed you were asking a question & also thought it was in the What Is It forum (my schoolboy error).

So I apologise :-[ for trying to help when you were really showing off a Best Find, which of course was more obvious to the US members.

OP
OP
Chitlin

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

....aaaah jeez Crusader, I just typed out 15 minutes of blah blah blahs.... good thing it tells you when someone post while you're typing.... I pointed out what you realized..... The title was confusing, I was trying to be crafty and suspensful...

A is for ........ then Artillery was the first word in the post....that button had been buried over 145 years and was posted on T-Net within hours of seeing daylight......

So we can still be friends? :D

Chitlin

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chitlin said:
So we can still be friends? :D

Chitlin

Of course, once again sorry. I was just defending myself, thinking why does he like my help :'( Even if it was useless :D

I will pay more attention next time, lesson learnt :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Chitlin

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
too funny...... I thought you were mocking me and my Confederate button... I thought, "A is for Apples?, is he mocking me (Monty Python limp glove slap here)... I'll tell ya what A stands for".....Them's fightin words around here, Bo!

So each of us thought we were defending ourselves based on miscommunication and it turns into a rukus.....sounds like my old job.... :icon_pirat:

It's all good. Questions keep people honest, and if you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said.

Background voice: "Sheath the Swords"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread