First and best... so far

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
This was found my first time out with a DFX after many years out of the hobby. Figured Iā€™d get the best I could afford, but I did have a Whiteā€™s way back. So not only was it found the first day out its my ā€œbestā€ and most interesting find so far. I found it on a Hollywood, FL beach (dry) while visiting a daughter who lives near Boca in Feb. I first thought that the writing on the bottom was Hebrew, but a closer look I was thinking Arabic. So when I got back to the Chicago I went to a Muslim school which was in my patrol area before I retired. A quick check said NO to Arabic. But a teacher there recognized it as being Sanskrit and said that the first word (reading right to left) was ā€œommā€ (sp?) but was unable to translate the rest. Now it was off to a nearby Hindu temple. There it was determined to be an item that contained a series of ā€˜luckyā€™ numbers and an incantation to a deity whose name I sure canā€™t spell or pronounce. Itā€™s usually placed in a buildingā€™s foundation for luck. So itā€™s a religious medal of sorts and Iā€™ll treat it as such.

It may not be much but it got me right into the research aspect of MD. And here I almost thought it was an alien bingo card. And thanks to The South Florida Treasure Hunters Club where I attended their meeting the night before and they even kindly let me judge their FOM contest. Iā€™m back to FL the end of March (any excuse to beach hunt, it snowed here yesterday LOL)

mini-sandskrit reduced.jpg

Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hindu religious medalion!!! Yep that's what I thought it was :D :D. Neat find, Tony

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Hey Dave

Nice find

You are right about the numbers.

The crosshatch forms a "Magic Square" that adds to 36 "left to right" and "up to down" as well as diagonal.

The numbers are:

13 8 15

14 12 10

9 16 11

The writing at the bottom seems to suggest spirit and consciousness.

The Devanāgarī alphabet is used in the following languages

Hindi, Marathi, Nepali, Pali, Sanskrit, Sindh

HH

Sanat

Quester

Mar 1, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
XLT, Silvermax, Compadre
"And here I almost thought it was an alien bingo card."

Man you had me cracking up on that one! Great find, welcome!

OP
OP
davebien

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Sanat:

Thanks for the translation. I'm back to SoFl :toothy2: this coming Wed so wish me luck. And I WILL pay those lucky numbers in the lottery !!!! :hello2:

S

seger98

Sanat said:
Hey Dave

Nice find

You are right about the numbers.

The crosshatch forms a "Magic Square" that adds to 36 "left to right" and "up to down" as well as diagonal.

The numbers are:

13 8 15

14 12 10

9 16 11

The writing at the bottom seems to suggest spirit and consciousness.

The Devanāgarī alphabet is used in the following languages

Hindi, Marathi, Nepali, Pali, Sanskrit, Sindh

HH

Sanat

There is always someone not to far away that knows what something is on this site, this site is amazing for info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions