3 Weekends 3 Parks & my yard

Daddio53

Apr 5, 2008
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Tesoro Lobo, Tesoro Golden microMax
3 Weekends 3 Parks & my yard

This was the fruit of my efforts over 3 days in 3 weekends. I went to 3 public parks in Colorado Springs and found that apparently they use so much fertilizer that it eats coins. The pennies (168) were very deteriorated especially around the edges, the nickels (22) looked copper, the dimes (78) looked copper or rusty, and the quarters (31) turned rusty , especially the state quarters. I found one dollar coin (Sacajawea), a Canadian penny, a 1963 large (Australian?) one penny, and a game room token. Then I found this beautiful pure aluminum bling (fake) jewelry pendant. I was using 2 detectors. One was a White's Spectrum XLT and the other was a Tesoro Golden microMax. The White's was consistently on the money as far as coin identification, but I didn't find a single nickel with the White's. All 22 of the nickels were found with the Tesoro which leads me to believe it is more accurate for that metal. By the way, one of the dimes was a 1944 Mercury and had absolutely no discoloration. Three of the pennies were Wheaties, a 1919, 1940, and a 1955 D. I'm on my way to New Orleans and both Florida coasts this weekend for a 2 week beach detecting trip. Hopefully I'll have some pirate gold treasure to show off when I get back.
Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 684
Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Re: 3 Weekends 3 Parks & my yard

Wow, that is alot of diggin. Congrats on the merc.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Re: 3 Weekends 3 Parks & my yard

Sure a lot of coins I see right there! Must of spent hours and hours on end just to find that much! Good job on getting the mercury dime! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions