Best Civil War Finds

Damien12

Apr 2, 2008
Glren Allen , Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
These are the collection of bullets, pieces of buckles, knapsack clips, buttons, mustketballs, etc. found on the farm in Virginia I have been hunting for the past year and a half. 10 acres that was used as a hospital during the CW and I have found mustket balls lying on top of the ground that wash up to the surface after a good rain.

Attachments

• P3050001.JPG
    P3050001.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,015
  • P3050003.JPG
    P3050003.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,011
Upvote 0

olegoat

Oct 18, 2007
southeast tn
Detector(s) used
fisher 1220x,gc-1023,tesoro tejon , fisher f-2, compass yukon 77b, tesoro bandito 11 umax
thats nice stuff, care to send me a couple acres to hunt :icon_jokercolor:
if we can get to it we have a battle site to hunt, it has been dug to death, but it i hope it will give up some stuff, we have a few finds from a couple hunts there, and now we are headed to the la hunt so its on hold again..go dig up something :thumbsup:

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Wow, you are so lucky to find a lot of civil war items. VERY AWESOME!

Most battlefield sites won't allow anyone use the metal detector on the sites, but just think, I really believe about two or three or four miles away from the sites, there are more items under the ground somewhere. Remember, permit with the owners first, before you find some famous civil war items from the ground.

Richard

OP
OP
Damien12

Damien12

Apr 2, 2008
Glren Allen , Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
lol..NONE of the Federal parks (battlefields) allow Md'ing dude! These came from a farm about 20 minutes from me. I befriended the owner years ago and he no longer allows anyone to hunt the property except me.
I dont just take...I give also. He is doing me a favor by letting me hunt there..so I have, over the years, given
him books on the civil war, display cases for the things he found on his property years ago, as well as Xmas
gifts, etc. When Im in the area on business I stop by to see how he's doing. This lets him know that I appreciate his friendship and dont come around ONLY because I want something from him. If somene gives
you permission to hunt...return the favor in some way!

windrun

Oct 30, 2007
Eudora, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50
Damien12, you are correct. That is prefect friendship and share the information! Most private property owners won't let you in. Same thing happened to me. Several people stopped by and ask me for permit. I said no. I was wondering why they were looking for, but they didn't tell me what.

One day, I talked with my boss and he think that people were looking for some civil war items, which my property is about two-three miles from famous battlefield site. So, I was thinking about it by myself and look up on the yellow pages and drove to Kansas City. I stopped by the dealer's home and tested all the metal detector, then I like it, and I brought a used one from Treasure ads.

Now, I got several items on my field as I never believe it and I love to use the Minelab X-Terra 50 so much! It make me so fun and keep walking as feel good than I sit on the sofa all day to watch the ball game!

Richard

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of old lead ;D