relic shadow box.

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
Note the toy cannon near the upper left hand side,bronze and dates to the 17 th century.Relic on the left hand side upper corner 4th down is a petronele(something like that),a very tiny toy hand musket probably 17th also.Posting this stuff is getting my blood pumping for relic hunting as soon as the snow is gone!! :wink:

Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to see the picture. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Marc(NB)

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
oops heres the pic ..hope it works this time

??? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• relic display.jpg
    relic display.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 641

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that looks great to me... well done.. :thumbsup:

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
great looking display! Does it hang on the wall or does it have to lay flat? The reason I ask is that I want to display some buttons and other artifacts that I have found but would like to hang on the wall and cannot think of how to keep them in place. Someone mentioned tiny pieces of velcro attached to the baks and I guess that would be okay. Thanks for showing us your display.

Funkman

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice artifacts. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Marc(NB)

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
Re: relic shadow box. FUNKMAN....

Have a look at this site.See how the sponge is thicker than the depth of the box?As you close the glass door it compresses the relics into the sponge and the glass door which holds it firmly in place.The total cost for 1 box,(12x12)velvet and sponge is about 25 bux.You can then mount it on the wall.Some relics or coins may slip so you just have to add a tiny piece of packing foam behind the artifact.After you have your built show us the results.Any other questions feel free to ask.BTW do not use foam that is meant for seat cushions as they are to rigid to compress.
http://www.customdisplays.com/construction.html

Attachments

• shadowbox.jpg
    shadowbox.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 515

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds but the cannon is late 18th century.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread