NEAT FINDS IN A FORMER VINTAGE PARK

Swanie1

May 6, 2003
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & XL500 SEAHUNTER-PULSE
A woman called me, a couple of years ago, and asked me if I would come over to her, deceased, Mother's home to locate the property stakes as she was selling the house for the estate. I knew that the house sat in a subdivision of, only, four homes that were built in, what used to be, a very old park with a pavilion. She stated that the Pavilion sat in her Mother's yard and the yard of the neighbor's home. I said "yes" and asked if I could walk around with my metal detector. She said "sure" and it didn't take me long to get there. I located stakes and proceeded to scan the property with my detector. In two days, I dug up 14 INDIAN HEAD CENTS, ranging from 1864 to 1907, 2 TWO CENT PIECES, 1865 & 1868, one 1901 BARBER QUARTER, one1875 SEATED LIBERTY QUARTER, five SEATED LIBERTY DIMES, ranging from 1876 to 1878, and eighteen WHEAT CENTS, ranging from 1910 to 1946. A nice 1872 Indian head was, also found, there, but isn't in the picture. By the way, IN ONE HOLE, I dug out the TWO CENT PIECES(back to back), and three of the Indian Head cents. I thought that I was Metal Detecting Heaven.
The neighbors were out of state but their Brother in Law said it would be ok to hunt.

Attachments

• Gilbert Park Finds.jpg
    Gilbert Park Finds.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Gilbert Park Finds.jpg
    Gilbert Park Finds.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,260
Upvote 0

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOu need a miner's lamp, six sets of batteries, a thermous of coffee, one sesame cream cheese bagle and three Adarol!!!! Kinda like hunting in the bank vault!!!! Keep going and don't stop, I dream of those sites!!!!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say is. . . "Banner" :thumbsup:

That's what dreams are made of. . . VERY nice,
watercolor

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One heck of a hunt! Glad you got to hunt it before it was sold.

butterfly

Tenderfoot
May 9, 2007
great finds if only I could do that good! Luv the IH as thats what I'll always call them even throw I just found out the other day that it's not a Indian Head at all .It's Lady Liberty wearing a Head piece

butterfly

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.  I remember that post.  I replied to it back in 2006 and stated that it was odd that you didn't find a Single Half-Dime or Nickel.  I hope to GOD you went back there and turned that discrimination DOWN and dug those Half-Dimes up.  There should've been at least 4 or 5 of 'em to find--with all of those Seated Dimes coming up.  They can read fairly low on the meter--often they read as pulltabs.  There was no jewelry in your original post either--and there's probably a nice gold ring or brooch there somewhere.  I'd also think a few Shield Nickels or "V's" would also come to light with that many IH's found.  So it tells me you cherrypicked it.  Now get back out there and clean it out.  It's been two years since the original post--and in that post (cut and pasted word-for-word into this one), you said it'd been two years before that...

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,38324.msg415409.html#msg415409

Buckleboy

unclejesse67

Mar 9, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
MXT300
I get excited when I find a wheat cent. I don't think I could handle a site like that. Awesome. I second BB- There's gotta be more to find. How deep were you having to dig?

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Can you imagine going to a spot and ONLY finding old coins.......I would have to pinch myself.......LOL

Cheers!

Dugholes :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread