1 Bit Token

djduk00

Jun 7, 2005
Hi Everybody I was reading the Forums and I like this site. I am VERY new to detecting and have found mostly junk but I have found 1 thing I have not been able to find any info on maybe some help? I cant post a pic but will describe the best I can......
A 12 1/2c Token for trade at The Mansion Bar Artesia New Mexico
on the Back is the Manufactor? Stuart and Carberry
It is a little larger than a quarter and has scolloped edges

Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
WELCOME djduk00, Sounds like a neat token,can't help but i'm sure someone will.A pic would help.Good luck on the search.HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dj! I don't have a clue on the token either....but welcome to the forum.....somebody in here will probly be able to help ya! ;)

Nana ;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 and a 1/2 cents token??

Cool find!

HH

Lonewolfe

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, dj--Nice find! The new (2004) New Mexico Trade token does not list that one. My bet is that Stuart & Carberry were the proprietors of the Mansion Bar (unless the lettering on Stuart & Carberry is very small). I have never heard of a token manufacturer with that name. The 12?? denomination was pretty common in the western states where good cigars and whiskey drinks were priced at two for a quarter. If a patron paid for his drink or cigar with a quarter, he received the token as exact change. Of course the proprietors hoped the token would not be redeemed as that would be almost pure profit for them. Post a picture of both sides if you can. Best, John in Idaho - [email protected]

R

rusty nails

google it ! nice find......................lots of luck in your future hunts
lefty

OP
OP
D

djduk00

Jun 7, 2005
Thx to John in Idaho for the info I will post a pic when I am able to and after I figure out how. Am barely able to walk and chew gum much less download a pic lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread