Wreath Buckle

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• wreath buckle.jpg
    wreath buckle.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,225
Upvote 0

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Let me know when you find them. I'll not only give you my address, i'll come, and see them. Good Luck.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Just checking to see if you went back to that spot old river ,and found any colonial trinkets :wink: I have been looking around dauphin island a bit with the web. cam trying to zoom in on the old kiln..I found where this area is at, with some nice finds 1700s onion bottle..Im going to keep snooping ;D..Goodluck at your sites..Relic

Attachments

• bottle5.jpg
    bottle5.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 686
  • ptdauphin_dig_lr.jpg
    ptdauphin_dig_lr.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 689
OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No I haven't had a chance to get back to the site yet. I've been wraped up with some things to do. Its also just been to hot to stay out very long. I will be getting back at it pretty soon though. Nice picture of the bottle. I wish I could find one like that. I've found a lot of broken bottles, and a couple of good ones. I have them in my todays finds, 1858 Mason jar, and a Mrs. winslows soothing syrup. (Baby Killer). Keep in touch with your finds.

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I never doubted her word. She lived on dauphin Island when she was little. I wish you the best of luck. I've never found this information anywhere. Thanks for sharing it with me. This is getting really interesting. Keep me posted. Where did you go to dig up this. Good luck.

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
Very interesting indeed.I think i found the info in ala. history archives.I play on this computer alot,and try and search the area (google cam) before i go detecting so i know im in a good spot :wink: And what some of the things may look like i find.. French,spanish :icon_scratch: They called the island massacre island when they first discoverd it..from all the fresh dead bodies they found ,then they later changed the name to dauphin..See the fort,and the canal?Thats the canal ,where they found the onion bottle..The kiln is very close by :icon_study: I think the bad hurricane in 1717 they spoke about in the info you posted,is the reason the coins were lost, coverd by sand from the surge.Later found by your wifes family ,they heard about the coins being lost ,past down from family members, and knew about where to look .. Thats a hard place to ride out a hurricane..Im sure everything was gone and lost forever ,at that time and place in (1717).. Thats all i can speak about ,until i find the gold.. Or beer cans on the beach :D

Attachments

• bienvil.gif
    bienvil.gif
    112.8 KB · Views: 514
OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic, I wish you luck. I never had a chance to go to the Island with my detector. In my younger days I use to go out there, swim, and fish. I've camped on the Island before, but never thought about anything like this. After I moved to Texas I never went back. One day I'm going to make a trip over there to just see the place again. I've been retired for three years now, and I should be able to find time somewhere in my schedule. It makes me feel good to know that I might have helped someone to maye make a good find, or have fun trying. Thanks for all the info. Keep me informed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread