NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I have many types of capguns, Daisy, cowboy, Dick, Hawkeye, pony boy, texan, Hubley's (single shot) all have been dug and I have restored some to actually fire roll caps. Roll caps nowadays misfire because they don't have much powder in 'em. And they cost 1.50 a box for 5 rolls of 25 caps each :(. Here are a couple pics to drool over........ notgittinenny

Attachments

• Dick Tracy and hawkeye cap guns.jpg
    Dick Tracy and hawkeye cap guns.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 941
  • close-up of hawkeye cap gun.jpg
    close-up of hawkeye cap gun.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 942
  • close up of cap cover.jpg
    close up of cap cover.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 922
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice capguns. That horse in your avatar picture looks like a racehorse. Not much room for a saddle there though.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a racehorse, a breed known as a Quarter horse. So I made it a real "quarter" of a horse. :icon_jokercolor:

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
i know that hawkeye is mine! i thru it at my cousin when i ran out of caps. then i had to shoot caps by smackin' 'em with a rock. some times a whole bunch at once. magnum caps, i guess. i,ve got a few some where. gotta look them up.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Flyingguy, do you remember whackin' a whole roll of caps with a baseball bat, or worse yet.....a hammer? I remember fitting a roll of caps in my bicycle chain then every time they came around the crank or rear axle sprocket they would crackle away. Would make bike sound like machine gun, along with mickey Mantle rookie card in the front spokes powering the motor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread