Sentimental find

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Value wise this isn't my best find .............. but oh the sentimental value....................which makes it priceless........and one of my best finds ever..........................here is the story..............short and brief.

I was detecting in my father's yard, the homestead cleared and built by my great-grandfather around 1850......I got a strong singal showing $1 at 4".................eagerly digging, 4" came and went....... yet the singal remained very strong and constant....... pinpointer couldn't locate it......... so I kept diggin, after 10" I finally found the source of the signal, which at first I thought was and old tin can..........I completed the dig and it was an old toy shovel........wow!! ......... to which my father replied my shovel, that's my shovel..... I lost that when I was about 3 years old..........there use to be a sand pile right here.....and then the stories began, which is what it is all about the history...I have made a new handle for this prize and proudly display it in my living room.....

Attachments

• Toy Shovel.jpg
    Toy Shovel.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 764
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWWW! What a great story!! :D That HAS to be really special! Makes me wanna cry a little..... :)

Great find indeed! :D

Nana ;)

R

retro-redux

that truly is a valuable find-be proud of your persistence to find what was down that hole:)
Laura

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That's the best find I've read about...

Brought to mind the commercial where the boy was playing with a ship on the beach and lost it. Years later as a man he's surfing eBay and....

If I were a woman I would cry.

T

T-Rex

I had a similar find a couple weeks ago... I was out in front of a real old church yard where my grandparents are buried and got a carbon copy hit to what you described... my Dad was with me and he plucked it out of the ground about 4 or 5 inches...

It was the Churches old coal shovel they used to heat the place... it was minus the handle but it made my Dad very happy to find it so I let him keep it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread