GOLD COIN - BEFORE & AFTER PICS

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• goldIH 001.jpg
    goldIH 001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,457
  • goldIH 002.jpg
    goldIH 002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,455
  • goldIH 001.jpg
    goldIH 001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 2,453
  • goldIH 002.jpg
    goldIH 002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,427
  • indian 001.jpg
    indian 001.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,427
  • indian 002.jpg
    indian 002.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 2,410
Upvote 0

co2005

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2005
York, PA
Re: GOLD COIN - BEFORE & AFTER PICS

LONEWOLFE THAT HAS TO BE THE NICEST COIN I HAVE EVER SEEN. I'm searching on a farm now that was built in 1794. I got permission only because the owners are my wife's aunt and uncle. The ground has been untouched. I can tell by the amount of good stuff thats coming out of it. I know at one time the road that runs in front of the house was one of the main roads to Gettysburg. Her uncle told me that in the early 1800's that the front of the house was used for a general store. Also the meadow across the road was used by civil war troops camping on their way to Gettysburg. I have already found 3 coins from the late 1700's and more from the early 1800's- the late 1800's. A few civil war items. All kinds of clad. What do you think my chances are of finding some sort of gold coin here? I also have a map of a old lumber camp but its so far in the sticks I think it would take at least a day to hike in and is in really rough country. I can't seem to find anybody that wants to go there and camp out and search it. I know these guys were payed in gold.

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO

If the workers were paid in gold there may be gold coins to be found. Since $5 or $10 was a LOT of money back then (meaning someone that lost that much would look a long time to find it) and gold coins of that denomination were not exactly small your best chance of finding gold may be a $1 gold coin. Those are small, easy to lose and hard to find. But easier to find with a MD.

Good luck.

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe

What a fantastic find.....your so lucky

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

M

mercurydime

The best looking coin ever!!!!!
Outstanding!!!!!!!!
borrowed your coin image for my profile, thanks.

navychief1968

Jan 7, 2005
Water Valley, MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher

Lonewolfe,

Like the others, I must agree... That is one awesome coin. I have found lots of silver over the years but have yet to dig a gold coin (yet). I can only hope my first is half a nice as yours!

Chris Reynolds
Senior Chief Petty Officer, USN

L

labnewbie

INCREDIBLE COIN!..I think i would pass out if i saw that in a hole!

awsome !

Ady

Jul 24, 2005

Wow. I bet you will hang on to that one. What a great find. Thanks for the before and after photos.
Ady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread