NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this ring in 1989 at a public pool site in Rouge Park in Detroit. It was in the grassy area where people exit the bathhouse. It was about 6 inches deep. And when I got it cleaned up a bit, I could see inside the band; 14kP. It looks like white gold and it also looks hand made. The map part is 1 1/2 inches wide X 1 inch high, way to big for me. Sure would hate to get punched by someone wearing that ring....... :tongue3:

Attachments

• 14kP ring.jpg
    14kP ring.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 2,498
Upvote 0
OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been told that anytime you see 14, 10, or 18ktP. That it means Plumb gold. I haven't had it checked, but will do as soon as I remember to.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry about that, but because map of U.S. was so huge, it was hard to get in there with the loupe. I finally can see it clearly now. It does say 14KP!

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Indeed, 14K P does mean Plum. Its finer then standard 14K.

HTH

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the nice gold ring! :thumbsup: That thing looks pretty heavy too. 8)

Steve

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
100% plum that means its can't be any less then 14KT and it could be even better. Its an older standard to let the customer know they were getting what they paid for. Nice find!

Your Friend,

Steve in Michigan

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I just tried this ring on, when you have it on, your finger becomes useless.... I can't bend it :tard: But, if it would fit on middle finger why would I need to bend it. If you spin the map around to face the reciever of the digit, then you could offend certain nationalities with pride!

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!! I found a ring that said 14KP on it and was so mad and disappointed that I started to throw it away because I thought it meant plated and something told me to look KP up on the net and boy was I glad I did. Congratulations again. :thumbsup:
Ed

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
The public pool in Rouge Park? That's where my mother used to swim when she was a teenager, after her family moved from Corktown to Rouge Park. Nice find, that area sure has changed.

allen1

Oct 2, 2008
Congratulations That thing looks very pretty
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
allen

freeastro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread