First Month with new machine (long plus 6 pics)

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
Hello again everybody,

It is 99 degrees here so I thought I?d stay inside and do some pics and scanning of my best finds from my first month in my yard with my new DFX. I just started metal detecting with a White?s Prizm IV this year in April and I got ?the BUG? right away Since I was finding a lot of neat items from the get go. After about six weeks I upgraded to the DFX (the detector I really wanted in the first place.). I got the new machine one month ago yesterday. I got Jeff Fosters book ?Digging Deeper with the DFX? and did lots of research on a few forums including this one. Thanks to all the great folks who helped me by answering my many questions. I am finally starting to understand the DFX?..on with the show.

The first pic is an aerial shot of my house given to us by the woman we bought the place from. Main part of the house was built in 1758 and used to have a normal gabel roof. There was a foundation dug at some point in its history but the floor joists are still logs. A few even have the bark still on them.

The rest of the pics are of my finds. These were all dug in the last month from my yard or the small lot( 30? x 30? ) next door. Included are my very favorites such as the cameo brooch that has a estimated age of about 150 years old. My first ever silver, 2 Mercury dimes found on the same day. My first V nickels both 1904 and found on the same day.
My first 2 indian head pennies 1901 and 1897(WAAHOOO!) you guessed it both found on the same day. First standing liberty quarter. It has no date but I still think it is gorgeous. I was hoping to find 2 of those on the same day too but I guess my doubles streak had to end sooner or later. A Boy Scouts watch fob that dates to 1910 (the year the scouts started in the U.S.) A Maine Turnpike commemorative fob from 1947 when the first 45 miles of the highway opened from Kittery to Portland and many more goodies. I am having a blast with this new hobby and I am looking forward to many years of searching for the long lost whispers of history?s voice.

Thanks for checking out my post.

JT

Attachments

• House.jpg
    House.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,008
  • 1st Month.jpg
    1st Month.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,007
  • MiscItems.jpg
    MiscItems.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,009
  • Buckles.jpg
    Buckles.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 985
  • Brooch Fobs.jpg
    Brooch Fobs.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 998
  • CoinsDFX.jpg
    CoinsDFX.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 981
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! that is a month of VERY cool finds.Love that brooch,it is one of my favorites on the forum .Good luck,HH.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some awesome finds JT!! .......You know, you are fueling everybody's fire by sharing all these goodies!!! ;D

Nana ;)

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JT, That's a nice bunch of finds.

Your story is similar to mine. I got my Prizm for Christmas. Wanted to upgrade right away. Waited awhile and got the DFX and book. Mid 1800's house. We even have similar coins in our collection. (Except I have a large cent instead of a second V nickel.)

What a coinkydink!

OP
OP
jt70

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
I would say so Haupin!

You must love your DFX too!

I am still learning but I think i have the basic adjustments pretty well down pat.

Good luck

JT

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Nice work JT,Lots of nice items for the month. I understand about the heat,while out the other night i had to keep wipeing the sweat off my XLT screen that was falling from my face.Hope your neat month is even better and cooler.HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread