Best of 2008

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I was inspired by Iron Patch to post my best finds of 2008 so far. These finds were made over the past few months, and I, too, hope to surpass them with better finds. Once Fall hits, I think we, The Three Datectateers, will be posting many more Colonial artifacts for you folks to see.

1791 Spanish one real and KG II coppa
1791004.jpg

1791010.jpg

1774 Spanish two reales
4-13-08003.jpg

4-13-08006.jpg

1796 Liberty Cap large cent
LibertyCap001.jpg

1729-1739 King George II coppa
KGII001.jpg

KGII004.jpg

Not pictured are a few more large coppas that I found. I have 10 coppas so far, and I hope to hit over 20 when the year finally ends.

Kyle

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Some good Colonial copper is what I need. Looking forward to see all the posts come Fall!

RELICDUDE07

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2007
Pascagoula Ms.
Detector(s) used
minelab exp.
With old colonial finds like that ,a gold coin or silver cache is right around the corner.Keep at it and stay in the old colonial trash pits :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Some good Colonial copper is what I need. Looking forward to see all the posts come Fall!

We'll be heading back to the site where 1791 one real was found; we will probably have to dig pits in order to get to the deep stuff. There will definitely be more coins and relics coming from there.

Also, we'll be getting into other sites once the crops are harvested.

Kyle

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
RELICDUDE07 said:
With old colonial finds like that ,a gold coin or silver cache is right around the corner.Keep at it and stay in the old colonial trash pits :thumbsup:

A gold coin or silver cache would be grrrrrrrrrrreeaaaaaaaaat. :thumbsup: We'll definitely stay in the iron patch and flip that iron around in order to get to the goodies.

I hope you are still kicking some serious buttocks in that great state of Florida. :thumbsup:

Kyle

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive finds Kyle. I'm gearing up for the fall harvest too. I've got a fairly promising field that I've been waiting to search. The homeowner says the original house was built somewhere between 1680-1720. :o If it hasn't been hit too hard in the past I might turn up a few goodies there. Keep hunting with your usual colonial passion. :headbang: Hit that 20 copper milestone for me brother. :thumbsup: I know you can do it. :wink:

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Evolution said:
Impressive finds Kyle. I'm gearing up for the fall harvest too. I've got a fairly promising field that I've been waiting to search. The homeowner says the original house was built somewhere between 1680-1720. :o If it hasn't been hit too hard in the past I might turn up a few goodies there. Keep hunting with your usual colonial passion. :headbang: Hit that 20 copper milestone for me brother. :thumbsup: I know you can do it. :wink:

Thanks, Rob Dude, for the reply.

I hope that 1680-1720 dwelling yields you cut pistareens and English shillings. You will nail some awesome finds there.

As always, my Colonial fever is higher than ever.

Kyle

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Indianhead Jones said:
If you can surpass these with "better finds" then I might just as well retire my detector!! How do you surpass EXCELLENT finds??? Bravo to a real treasure hunter!! :thumbsup:

Larry

Larry, thank you for the kind comments.

I know it is going to be tough to surpass them, but I think I might be able to once the harvest comes. I have researched two 1790s sites that should yield some killer coins if we are granted permission for them.

I hope you are having a great 2008 season as well.

Kyle

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Kolonial Kyle Spanish wilver :icon_king: KING of KINGS!

Your in the zone , focused and zeroed in on the hidden histories of the Pennsylvania landscape :notworthy:

I have no doubt you'll reach 20 and surpass it ! ! Senses tuned to those fringe zone deep targets your compare to a ninja one with his detector brotha !! :whip2:

Really looking forward to the latter half of your 2008 finds :icon_king:

Keep the passion HIGH :icon_thumright:

Derek :icon_study:

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Derek752 said:
Kolonial Kyle Spanish wilver :icon_king: KING of KINGS!

Your in the zone , focused and zeroed in on the hidden histories of the Pennsylvania landscape :notworthy:

I have no doubt you'll reach 20 and surpass it ! ! Senses tuned to those fringe zone deep targets your compare to a ninja one with his detector brotha !! :whip2:

Really looking forward to the latter half of your 2008 finds :icon_king:

Keep the passion HIGH :icon_thumright:

Derek :icon_study:

Yo, Colonial Derek752 from Colonial Hunting America,

I hope I can surpass the 20 mark for this season. I just hope we can obtain permission for some of KKC's better rasearch spots. If so, I have no doubt that we all might surpass the limit.

I am a Colonial-seeking, ninja-kicking gibbon of a datectorist. :D These Colonial sites always bring gibbon-like motions out of us. :D

I hope you and Barry can sniff some more Colonial artifacts out of that site. There are relics to be had and hall of famers to be made. :notworthy:

Kyle

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
sniper19612003 said:
Keep swinging and keep diggin. Can't wait to see more.

I will definitely post a 2008 season's total on January 1, 2009. I hope to not disappoint the Colonial-seeking audience.

Kyle

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Detectingfreak said:
Very cool! :)

Thanks, Detectingfreak, for the kind reply.

We just obtained permission to hunt another great site after the harvest. I think that the new site will also yield similar coins.

Kyle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread