German helmet & some more.

Matejko

Jul 18, 2005
Warsaw-Poland
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
German helmet & some more.

Hi !!

I don't know where to put it.... ::) So, it's here.
Another find from Poland. Not a coin, but it was found with detector too.... ;D

First, photos "straight out of the ground"...
Today helmet looks much better, but i don't know if i can show You a photo of it.
There is an "Waffen SS" sign on it... If it is not against the law in United States, I will show You, how does it look like, today.
It is still incomplete, i need a few elements to finish it... But looks good. ;D

Greetings Matejko

Attachments

• M 40  1.JPG
    M 40 1.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,775
  • M 40  2.JPG
    M 40 2.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,765
Upvote 0

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
Re: German helmet & some more.

Gribnitz said:
morris said:
No sir what you dont understand he cant send anything it is illegal to send WWII german artifacts
out of poland that is where he is from.

Ah, I understand.? Nice stuff regardless.? Is that a deaths head ring you have posted ?? I read about those someplace.? I think they are very rare.

No sir it is not my ring.
and i have never seen that ring before now.
I have seen SS rings at gun shows.
good luck
Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

OP
OP
Matejko

Matejko

Jul 18, 2005
Warsaw-Poland
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V

morris said:
No sir what you don't understand he cant send anything it is illegal to send WWII German artifacts
out of poland that is where he is from.

To be more precise.
Sending or taking by yourself out of Polish territory anything what was made before 1945 is against the Polish law
Things made before 1945 are some kind of " Polish national treasures". No matter, if it is a German or Russian, coin or button.
Sick law, but law. ;D

Gribnitz, you wrote.: " I read about those someplace. I think they are very rare."
If you could remind yourself, where did you read about it.... Would be nice. ;)
I have an info-hunger about this ring.... ;D
Maybe a link... Please, please twice - please, please. ;D ;D ;D

Pozdrawiam Matejko

By the way....
I've got a nice seal, take a look.
It's a seal of Russian doctor , dated about 1900.

Attachments

• Pieczęć lakowa.jpg
    Pieczęć lakowa.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Pieczęć lakowa c3.jpg
    Pieczęć lakowa c3.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,089
  • Pieczęć lakowa xc.jpg
    Pieczęć lakowa xc.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,086

EyeShine

Sep 3, 2005

Gribnitz said:
Ah, I understand.? Nice stuff regardless.? Is that a deaths head ring you have posted ?? I read about those someplace.? I think they are very rare.

Gribnitz, the ring Matejko posted looks similar to a SS Death's Head ring in the sense that it's a ring with a skull on it. He mentioned that it is russian, not German. I don't really know anything about the ring he posted, I just like it, and want it? ;D

The SS Death's head ring has a little bit more of a detailed skull (I know his ring looks a little worn, but I don't think that it was originally as detailed). Also, the Death's Head ring is circled with oak leaves, and includes 5 symbol sets along the diameter of the ring which are a historic symbol opposite the skull, the swastika, and three runes. The three runes are one Sig Rune on both sides of the skull, representing the SS name, and one Haggal Rune (six-pointed snowflake type symbol) which lies between the Historical runes and the right-hand side sig rune.

Traditionally, the ring was also engraved on the inside with "S.lb" followed by the last name of the person to which the ring was awarded, the date it was awarded to him, and H. Himmler, for Heinrich Himmler, who was head of Gestapo and Waffen-SS.

OP
OP
Matejko

Matejko

Jul 18, 2005
Warsaw-Poland
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V

My ring is Russian for sure.

Look at the "jeweller's sign", those kind of signs are Russian, they were made around 1900-1920.
That's all I know for sure about the ring.

Probably it was worn by the "Russians Army Death Squadron" ( WW I), something similar to World War Two SS troops.

Pozdrawiam Matejko

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What part of Poland do you live? I've been meaning to take a trip that way.HH

OP
OP
Matejko

Matejko

Jul 18, 2005
Warsaw-Poland
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V

Warsaw-Poland, as you can see next to every my post....(look on your left. ;D)

Clean up your private message box...
I was trying to write to you.
Still trying, but dieing..... ;D

Pozdrawiam Matejko

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I finally emptied the box out. Would like to travel over that way at least once before I leave Germany. If you get over this way we could also hunt this area. Lots of stuff but I don't think I can even come close to your collection. Really nice stuff. I bought a German helmet in worse shape then the one you dug and paid 60 dollars for it. I really like the WW2 stuff. It can be sold here in Germany but they have to cover the swastika or the SS with tape.

Pistolero

Sep 27, 2005
Millbrook, Al.

Hello Mategko,
Here in the U.S. it is not against the law to have Nazi emblems visible say on a model plane or an antique helmet. You can still buy and order Nazi flags, original and repro, as collector items, some people think it is just a neat piece of history, although some are Nazis in their hearts, etc.. While it might be frowned on I don't think it would be against the law to fly a Nazi flag in your front yard. They fly them at Neo-Nazi rallies and marches. I say it is not against the law to fly one. But of course there are many people who would not like seeing it and you might be inviting vandalism or even a drive by shooting! Ha!? So it is quite alright to show us the other side. I am curious as to how the emblem looks after all this time.

That is an M-35 model helmet by the way. You can tell by the "rolled" rim. The best known ones I think are the M-42 models, without a rolled rim. It just flares out at the edge instead of rolled. At first they had the SS emblem inside a small shield on one side and on the other side a swastika in a shield on the other. The regular army had the national eagle in a shield on one side and the national tri-colr in a shield on the other. Then, if I am not mistaken, in like 1942 or so the SS dropped the swastika display on the one side but kept the SS in the shield on one side for a while. Then like in 1943 they ordered that all emblems on helmets be discontinued. After that their helmets were painted rough finished with no emblems and they wore camoflage helmet covers a lot too. Those aluminum looking clips visible on the side edge and the back are camoflage helmet cover clips. They were a part of the helmet cover and clipped onto the edge of helmet to hold the cover on. Just thought you would find that interesting.

And by the way, there is nothing wrong with you trying to sell the helmet on e-bay if you wanted to. It is an antique and nothing more and should fetch you some good prices. Those German WWII helmets are expensive collector items now. Around here at gun shows and the like they go for like $250.00 bucks sometimes. Heck, a German k-98 Mauser bayonet in good shape is upwards of $50.00 to $100.00 now!
Well, take care,
Pistolero
Millbrook, Al.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread