Beginners Gold Luck!

cowboykelly

Dec 10, 2007
Lubbock
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
So I've been wanting to post my finds for sometime and have finally taken pictures to do it. I've enjoyed everyone's posts over the last 6 months! So I'm finally giving back a little. I purchased my Tesoro Tigershark back in December and used it consistently for about three months. Work and travel since then has kept me from using it as often as I'd like. The evening my detector had arrived I pulled it out of the box, read all the instructions (amazingly I did read them), felt like I was ready to go, and headed to the beach near where I live. Arrived at 1 am and left at about 3 am, very cold. It was the middle of the winter, about 40 degrees out. Coveralls do wonders though. I managed to come up with a ring but thats all I knew, it was too dark to see anything else about it. The ring turned about to be the 10kt gold ring with the little heart on it. My mother quickly noticed how well it fit her and has taken permanent possession of it. Here is all the silver and gold I've come up with!

A little more about what I've found.

The silver ring with the garnet was so corroded that it was holding the stone in place. When I started to clean it, the stone fell right out. It's a wonder I didn't lose it before I made it home.

The large silver ring is a mens wedding ring with Hebrew inscription on it. The writing says "Whitherst thou goest..." out of the book of Ruth.

The other silver ring is another mens wedding band. Writing on the interior says, "With all my heart, Katie." I'm sure Katie was plenty mad when this one came up missing.

The heart necklace is made of rubies and diamonds in a 10kt gold setting with a 14kt gold chain.

Also in the picture of everything is a set of gold earrings. I found these a month apart in the same general area!

Other gold consists of: 14kt catholic heart charm, 10kt mens wedding ring, 10kt white gold earring, 3 other 10kt gold earrings, a 10kt gold heart ring missing a stone, and a 14kt gold toe ring!

Attachments

• !2.jpg
    !2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,175
  • !3.jpg
    !3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,168
  • !4.jpg
    !4.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,125
  • !5.jpg
    !5.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,161
  • !6.jpg
    !6.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,154
  • !7.jpg
    !7.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,161
  • !8.jpg
    !8.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,149
  • !9.jpg
    !9.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,145
  • !10.jpg
    !10.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,142
  • !11.jpg
    !11.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,143
  • Heart Ring 2.JPG
    Heart Ring 2.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,130
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds kelly

I fixed your Pics some.

Jeff

OP
OP
cowboykelly

cowboykelly

Dec 10, 2007
Lubbock
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Thanks, I was tryin to do it myself, lol. A little help is always appreciated.

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you have been busy...BTW, Welcome to TNet and you are now gonna have to post those finds more often... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know what's more amazing, your finds or the fact that you metal detect at night and in the water!!!
You are a credit to the metal detecting community!

Keep cleaning up the beaches of their jewelry, someone has to do it. :wink:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Doing well there! Awesome finds. Keep it up and start posting more often on the Beach and Shallow Water or Today's Finds forums.

Jim

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Very nice finds! Yeah the Tesoro Tigershark kicks butt! I bought it because a buddy of mine on T-Net (JuJu) Bought it and was hunting the waters of our state. Well anyways he has gotten so much gold and the first hunt I went with him I got a 14k mens wedding band. Anyways I am sure that the Tesoro Tigershark is great for anyone who is willing to go into the water and get the finds! Congratulations! :)

Cheezie

Greenie
Aug 14, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're not a beginner, you are now a lifer. Well done Texan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread