My best find was quite possibly made at a garage sale.

ted750

Aug 20, 2006
I just found out something that makes these prints my best find ever! I am very interested in ancient history and I am an aspiring Egyptologist, and through some research I have found out that these are very rare prints from a book published by Giovanni Belzoni (The father of modern egyptology) in 1820. I saw them at a garage sale, and instantly recongnizing them as something special, I talked my mom into buying them. (and another couple OUT of buying them) We got them for ten dollars each, and I still can't find anything on what just the prints are worth. The reaon I am so excited however, is that I just discovered that they are SIGNED on the back by GIOVANNI BELZONI HIMSELF! For me, this is like having an autograph from Jesus, I'm really, REALLY excited. If anyone has any idea how much a Giovanni Belzoni autograph may be worth, please let me know, but they're obviously not for sale! I'm basking in the moment right now, so try not to be too mean!

Thanks for looking, and happy hunting! (You never know what you'll find in the garage sale's junk bin!)

Regards,

- Ted

Attachments

• Giovanni.jpg
    Giovanni.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,424
  • Belzoni.jpg
    Belzoni.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,404
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a awesome awesome find. I hope you find out they are worth a ton n a half. :thumbsup:

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
A great find! I don't know how much they'd be worth but I would think there would be a very specialized market for them. Hope you find out they are worth lots!!!

vicki

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Oh yeah, they're worth a small fortune. Signed prints of that quality and such an interesting subject matter are highly prized. Congrats on your garage sale find.

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Way Way Way too cool. I'm positive that those are very valuable pieces...Congratulations

HH
MichiganRob

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I also like everything Egypt. Here is one of my favorites. Did you see Tut when he was touring the U.S. I bought a ton of stuff then!

Attachments

• Ann and Tutt 1.JPG
    Ann and Tutt 1.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 2,103

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
He is touring the US again. Well, not him, but a lot of his artifacts. The show is in Dallas now, and will be in Atlanta from this coming November until June of 2009.

I have a couple of papyrus pieces like that that I bought at a New Age store about 15 years ago.

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats! I find lots of stuff at yardsales to sell, just not much that I collect. It usually works that way, huh? Lucky for you to find something in your area of obsession instead of having to buy it from someone else.

kxcy

Sep 30, 2008
Maybe a million dollars woo!

I never really liked history in school but i guess being a major is worth it

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Could I see a close-up of the print titles at the bottom of each one, as well as a close-up of the signatures on the backs?

:thumbsup:

allen1

Oct 2, 2008
A great find!.I think there would be a very specialized market for them.
=============================================
allen

freeastro

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Saw a documentary on Belzoni, very facinating stuff. He was trying to prevent some French bloke from looting Egypts treasures while preserving them himself.
You got a great find there, some very careful research is in order I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread