My new silver coin box...Wally World Special

W

whites6000inPa

I've long been pondering getting these common coins out of their mylar prisons. I was at the local WalMart today and spied this great silver plated box...for just 12 bucks. I had enough clad laying on the desk that I allowed that I would purchase it for my diggin's. All of the stuff in here was either dug, or was bought with clad I dug The silver dollars, all but 4 halves, and a 5 dimes were purchased. The rest is "dig-em-ups" as my wife calls them.

I have a few special coins that are still in mylar, but I like these common coins better this way. I can pick some up and look at them and feel as though I have a coin in my hand...rather than a book of matches....oh yeah, lots of folks here don't even remember "books" of matches. There I go dating myself again.

It'll take me a long time to fill this bad boy with coins...but I intend to try.

Wyatt

Attachments

• BOX1.JPG
    BOX1.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 878
  • BOX2.JPG
    BOX2.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 966

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lovely collection Wyatt!

Nana ;)

T

tallpaul

that looks sweet,, very nice,, love the rings,, love the box,, :) ;D

OP
OP
W

whites6000inPa

I kind of had a pirate's treasure chest in mind...but I liked the fact that the rings would display well in this one. The ground's beginning to firm up now. It won't be frozen for a couple weeks yet....amybe I'll get a chance to put a couple more in there.

Thanks

Wyatt

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
I do really like your little treasure chest there! Now, go bury it in my back yard so I can find it. That sounds like a fun activity for one of us at least! ;)

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Thanks for the great idea! got mine tonight for 5.30 including tax!
paid for it in clad.. now I have some catching up to do! ;D

Attachments

• MVC-551S.JPG
    MVC-551S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 680
  • MVC-552S.JPG
    MVC-552S.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 668

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I love the silver coin box,it's very pretty and the coins and rings look great in there!

R

rvbvetter

Good idea. They way they should look. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions