More Mongolian arrowheads and tools from Central Asia

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Awesome collection thanks for sharing your exotic artifacts I always enjoy looking at them. Those triangular points are really finely made and the materials are interesting. Those burin tips look lethal.

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are beautiful...d2

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joshua, these are beautiful. From my readings of your previous posts, you must work & travel in foreign countries and able to find & buy these awesome artifacts. That's totally awesome, wish I had the opportunity to do what you do.

River-Rat-Sig2.gif

Attachments

• River-Rat-Sig2.gif
    River-Rat-Sig2.gif
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,187

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG those are beauties. So glad you posted them Josh. Eye candy for sure..
You know how Homer Simpson drools over donuts? thats me right now..lol
You have a time frame?

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
man oh man are those ever nice pieces
it looks like the diff materials used sure lent themselves to the fine and accurate flaking shown
that material must have been a dream to work with

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Joshua those points are freaking awesome :headbang:. I cannot believe how beautiful they are. That point in their that is your favorite is as perfect as they come. Those clear Chalcedony triangles are gorgeous too. Nice aquisition and a treat to see. Thanks for the pictures........................................GTP :icon_thumright:

ShowmeMoflint

Dec 27, 2008
L.C.M.O.
Detector(s) used
eyeballs and walking stick
Nice points Joshua can you enlighten us as to what time era those points are from? Just curious to see if the points are historic time era.

OP
OP
joshuaream

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
I can give two answers to the how old question.

The short answer is between 10,000 BC and 2500 BC because that's when the Neolithic period was in the area making stone arrowheads.

The long answer is that I figure they aren't the very earliest examples from the Neolithic period, but most of Central Asia and China had switched to bronze arrowheads by 2500 BC or even earlier. So I'll guess 8,500 to 2,500 BC, which lines up with most of the African points you see on eBay and at shows.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to see these beauties were put back on here for all of us to enjoy. They are definitely awesome looking artifacts and worthy of our perusal.

Great acquisition Joshua. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Extraordinary pieces. I especially admire the "Quad tip" points and the knife. If any of them ever need a new home, please let me know.

OP
OP
joshuaream

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
I was able to find a bit more about the biface/core blade combo artifacts. Similar examples were found at a site in Siberia (a couple of hundred miles from where these were found), at layers dating to 10,000 to 8,000 B.C. (12,180 to 10,600 B.P.)

In context with US points, I guess these tools would date from the Folsom era through the Dalton era.

http://arheologija.ff.uni-lj.si/documenta/pdf34/DPkuzmin34.pdf

Attachments

• Cores.JPG
    Cores.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 654
  • cores1.JPG
    cores1.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 648

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread