keys 2.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 2,087
  • key3.JPG
    key3.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,022

eric in ks

Oct 29, 2005
middle america
Wow, that's a great group of skeleton keys. One of those has been on my want to dig list a long time, just hasn't happened yet. WTG and HH, Eric

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
WOW!! all that this year. Dang, you've been busy!
That's an amazing skeleton key collection.

I ahve found a few skeletons (one this year)
but I have hundreds of found keys, old cars keys
house keys, and some skeletons. I have a coat hanger
"key chain and it's full, all the way around.

Thanks for sharing these Gypsy, impressive!

Smiles!
BDoo

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great bunch of keys you have there Gypsy ;D I also have found a few, but mainly padlock keys, which are not as nice as your keys.

God bless
Peter

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
holy cow crap.... man thats a lot of keys,,,,i have 4 of them and i thought i was doing good,,,,,,, great finds, ;D ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome collection, Gypsy :o

;) RR

CoinDigger

Greenie
Nov 18, 2004
WOW . I've never even given it a thought ,that I've never even found one.Now there on my hit list.I just wish keys were dated.Happy Hunting.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome keys...i have a collection of all the ones i've found...oldest is from the 50's

HH
-GC

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Whoa that is a whole lot of keys,and all skeleton,you must have dug at least twice as many regular looking keys. Bet you could come up with some interesting things to make with them during the winter. I was thinking a nice windchime made of them would be pretty cool looking,thanks for sharing :}

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW.............Never knew you had so many keys!!! I wonder what each one is for???? Hmmmmm!!! lolol Nice collection!

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The Seeker said:
WOW.............Never knew you had so many keys!!! I wonder what each one is for???? Hmmmmm!!! lolol Nice collection!
So now you know why I need your key......Can never have to many......

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
My Dad used to work for a large school system, did all the heating and plumbing and associated duties.. they were going to tear down one of the oldest schools in town that hadn't been used for a LONG time- it had just been used as storage. My Dad had to help clean it out and prepare it for demolition when he wasn't busy working on something. In the basement of this old school was three five gallon buckets FULL of keys. Every kind of key you can think of from combination lock keys to monster sized brass keys that look like they came from a prison. Anyways he asked his boss if he could have them (they were going to get thrown out because they didn't want to spend the time to seperate the different kinds of metal for recycling) and they said yeah, my Dad had to have help to lift each bucket into his truck. He seperated them all into the different kinds of metal and cashed them in at the recycling place! If I would've been the crazy collector that I am now I could have had hundreds of all different antique keys... one of those "wish I would have" stories...I wonder now what they might have been worth.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Cannonman17 said:
My Dad used to work for a large school system, did all the heating and plumbing and associated duties.. they were going to tear down one of the oldest schools in town that hadn't been used for a LONG time- it had just been used as storage. My Dad had to help clean it out and prepare it for demolition when he wasn't busy working on something. In the basement of this old school was three five gallon buckets FULL of keys. Every kind of key you can think of from combination lock keys to monster sized brass keys that look like they came from a prison. Anyways he asked his boss if he could have them (they were going to get thrown out because they didn't want to spend the time to seperate the different kinds of metal for recycling) and they said yeah, my Dad had to have help to lift each bucket into his truck. He seperated them all into the different kinds of metal and cashed them in at the recycling place! If I would've been the crazy collector that I am now I could have had hundreds of all different antique keys... one of those "wish I would have" stories...I wonder now what they might have been worth.
Wah This story is enough to make me cry!

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Nice key collection, Gypsy. I, too; have quite a few. Been collecting them for years. Why, you ask? I dunno...just like 'em. Been trying to figure out a neat way to display them, or make something out of them. So far, no inspiration; so they just sit... Maybe this winter....

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Gypsy,

very nice collection, thanks for
posting.

Ashleen,
"just like 'em".

That is the reson to collect, nothing to
do with value. I "just like", my stuff
also.

have a good un..........

Z

ZumbroKid

I got one key i doubt anyone else has. It is a Catholic church tabernacle key.

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a few, these old barrel keys below are my favorites.

Attachments

• Old Keys 2.jpg
    Old Keys 2.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 808
  • Old Keys 003.jpg
    Old Keys 003.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 796

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Keep an eye out for old RR keys [/size] [/size] they go for some good money, particularly when marked with desirable rail lines. They can run the gamet going anywhere from $1 or 2 dollars up to $300 or more.

Attachments

• Penn RR Key 25bucks.jpg
    Penn RR Key 25bucks.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 759
  • Akron RR Key 263bucks.jpg
    Akron RR Key 263bucks.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 761

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread