my odd collection (of what amounts to old trash...)

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its probably easiest to *see* what Im talking about: Flickr: mankatt's Photostream - my retro garbage archive....or something like that......

this all started a while back when I was poking around an old shack in the woods....I found a shelf (that had been shut...so no mice had ever gotten in...even though half the shack was collapsing) that had a bunch of 1970s food on it.....I had always collected more normal things like bottles and tins...whatever I could dig up....anyways...figured Id never run into 30 year old food again.....so I kept it.....years later I ran into other collectors of similar stuff on Flickr....so I started seeing what I could find....figured it would be a challenge to find...plus those sorts of things don't take up much space stored flat....(and appeal to my graphic design dabblings)......I can go from detecting a 1700s coin in a field...right into finding a 20 year old Doritos bag in a barn.....and both amuse me to varying degrees...
keep an eye out...I buy & trade for stuff I like....next time you find some hoarder's heap.....heh
Pete

rdawg14

Aug 13, 2012
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the new england ale can is very unique! Cool finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread