marble king watermelon

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
heres one of the best from marble king -paden city wv. i sold this mib for $350.00 at a show..steve
P1010006watermelon1.jpg

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Very cool! Congrats on a great find and a good sale.I have been finding an awful lot of marbles over the past few years in the older sites....guess at prices like those I should be seeing if they are worth anything!

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
thanks gypsy....you can post pics here... i can id em for ya..... or send me a message..i luvs marbles...lololol

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
pretty marble.

I've seen a Superman one once and it was really neat.

Burt

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
here ya go...hope the pics are good enough..

Attachments

• marble1.jpg
    marble1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,475
  • marble2.jpg
    marble2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,445
  • marble3.jpg
    marble3.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,450
  • marble4.jpg
    marble4.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,463
OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
nice mibs but i dont see too much in there....in the first frame the yellow/black are bumblebees by marble king...thell bring ya bout .50 a piece..in the second pic that one near the bottom that looks salmon and blue might be somethin got another pic of that baby??? steve

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Thanks Steve..I still like 'em anyway..here's a closer pic of the one you wanted. ..I think.. And I found this one mixed with some other stuff...it looks like it's crystallized or something..thanks again...

Attachments

• marb2.jpg
    marb2.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 1,368
OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
thats a dandy ron...a vitro opalescent caged cateye ....some collectors are really lookin for them...maybe 25$ plus..
opalcats.jpg
heres the only 2 that i have in my collection..theyre called opal cats and made in the eary to mid 60s in parkersburgh wv.. keep it safe and chip free...steve

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Hey Steve...that's great....thanks for taking the time to look thru all of them...
A question, in the picture where I posted the wrong one, what kind is the one to the right of it? It's all smooth..even if it doesn't look it....
Thanks again..

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Thanks Steve...pretty neat...I got another pic coming for you to look at, I think most are probably deformed cats-eyes but a few are different looking..some might be the same as in the other pictures, they kind of got scrambled up on me....

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
that group of the sigle vane 2 color on the bottom right are japanese cateyes---the orange one one the bottom left is a vitro horshoe type...i think i see some more opals in there...you have mostly vitro cage types.....the ones with more than one color are called hybrids...the non cateye types in the pic look to be vitro conquers...nothing too valuable there but nice collectible marbles there with a little age to em....

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
duffy - I don't know a damned thing about marbles 'cept I lost millions of them as a kid.

I'm very impressed that you are so knowledgeable... and enjoyed reading this post. I noticed you chimmed in a few times in the daily finds as well... that's cool!

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
thanks jim...within 100 miles of where i live was where 90% of the marbles were made and going to the old factory dump sites and diggin the marbles helped alot on aquirin this info...i belong to 2 marble collecting clubs and gettin together with other collectors to share this info is fun and sometimes profitible...at one time i had 35-5 gallon buckets of marbles in my garage plus the thousands i had in my marble room ... i dug those marbles in st marys wv where the state was puttin in a new bridge.....they was put in the ground there for fill in the 30s....and i recovered those in one day......my wife complained that enuff was enuff so i sold bout half of the collection and bought her a new car....lololl now she dont worry so much about my mibs...lolol... i like lookin at marbles and helpin other people its amazin what some are worth...ill be happy to appraise anybodies marbles and if a keeper comes along i know who buys that brand and can turn em over quickly...even the most common old marbles are worth somethin...my advice---save em all if theyre american made they =cash....steve

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Hey steve, thanks for the additional info, and for your background on collecting,...and I agree with MJ....seems people post their marble finds as an addition to their "good" finds...your posts explaining what they found might help enlighten them on the value of marbles...It sure did me...thanks again..

MetalFury

May 25, 2006
New Jersey
I noticed this thread here about marbles and I was wondering if any of the ones I found might be valuable at all? I know that you might not be able to tell much from the photo but maybe you might have an idea if any of these are old...I know nothing about marbles!...haha Well, I do know that there are some clay ones here and that they are pretty old I guess. The house I live in is almost 100 yrs old and most of these were found up in the ceiling when it was getting remodeled...I guess they fell through the edge of the floor in the upstairs bedroom and got stuck up in the ceiling of the room below. Thanks for any help!

100_6657.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread