do you collect bullion?

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
being treasure net im sure alot of people here collect bullion. in 2004 i had about 200 ounces in silver of bars and rounds, a few 10 oz bars , at about 6 bucks a oz. and around 3 ounces in gram bars and 1/10oz coins in gold. i had to sell cause hard times. now market prices are at least double of what i sold mine for. im kickin myself, lol. i didnt know then metals were at a low. so now im starting to SLOWLY get a little stash going. something i can pass to my baby daughter. what are some of the biggest bars that members have in here???
i miss breaking mine out and counting them, holding that cold hard cash in hand........ mmmmmm treasure....

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently started to collect silver, I have a few one oz bars & several silver rounds, but I did it the silly way!! bought high.

(OH Well) >:( :'(
Fossis..............

UPDATE sold some at around $20.00 an ounce. :thumbsup:

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
I started buying when it was around 7 and have continued to buy all the way through the upswing and a couple of downswings,its currently been on a major upswing,has the potential of creating a new ceiling its been hanging around 14 for most of the week. Im still buying think its gonna bust 20,I was tempted to dump some when it hit 15 last year wanted to kick myself when it got down to 10 not long after heres some pics of mine and Im with you I love getting it out and looking at it. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,50807.0.html sucks you had to start over buts its better than if you hadnt saved any at all. Just keep buying whenever you can and it will start to pile up again...Shoot

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
hey shootist, nice lot, i bet u break it out at least once a month ya, just to see and hold and caress and........... wow, i love metals;) dude, since u are a shootist, or not take the poll if u have a few......
p.s. keep that collection going, who knows when we cant own bullion ne more, once again......
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,82141.0/topicseen.html

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been buying 1oz eagles for a few years. Usually 10 or 20 at a time whenever I've got a few extra bucks to spend and they all come in Unc. condition. You can buy for around a buck fifty over spot and I only take delivery once a year cause they charge a flat $25 to ship regardless of quantity. I also collect silver proof eagles for me & my grandkids from the mint but they are about double spot price...beautiful coins though and they hold or increase in value (ala Ebay).

Slightly off topic
I just subscribed recently to the Presidential dollar proofs from the mint. You get all 4 each year struck in proof, encapsulated with edge visible, presentation box and coa for 14.95 per set. No precious metal and probably a poor investment but it's the first year of a long program so what the h*ll, why not.

Jim

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I've found two 100 oz. silver bars in a crawl space under my grandfathers house after he passed. They used to be my avatar up until yesterday actually.

kenb

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
wow, 200 oz's????????!!!!!!!!! were they his? who made the bars???

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Yes they were his, we knew he had silver stashed in the house, bars, coins ect. I was the lucky one to get in the crawl space. I'm trying to post a pic but it keeps telling me the files to big. Bare with me it may take a little bit.

kenb

Attachments

• silver1.jpg
    silver1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,258
OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
ya, pics look fine, thats awesome. so you said u sold them??? at about 14.00 a oz thats around 2800.00, shoulda held onto them a few more weeks;)

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
No I didn't sell them, I had a picture of them as my avatar up until yesterday. There not mine to sell, I keep them in the safe at my office but they really belong to my mother and uncle I guess.

kenb

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
still, i bet it feels good with those in your hands eh;)

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
To be honest know one has mentioned them since I found them. That was three years ago and basically how I found this web site (researching them). They are pretty cool to play with, I used one for a paper weight for a little while. When I found them silver was going for $7.00 an ounce, when it started going up I put them in the safe. I'll get up a pic of the pile of silver coins that we found in the next couple days, my mother has those.

kenb

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
around 3500 bucks:) we bought around 100 oz a few months ago, and sold late feb early march at around 21 a oz;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread