What is the $ Price $ of Steal these days ?

JimVT36

Jan 19, 2014
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Other
J/K I just wanted to show off my steel pile, however it the price does go up perhaps I can consider buying that little place in Florida and retiring for good.

Happy Coin Hunting ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429972417.200418.jpg

Last edited:

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pile of steelies, but don't quit your job just yet, as the average US steel cents of 1943 don't have ripping high values to them. There are some recognized error strikes amongst them, and of course condition always determines potential worth. Good collecting & Cheers!!

OP
OP
JimVT36

JimVT36

Jan 19, 2014
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the reply. Obviously just playing with my collection and every now and then my magnet snags a steelie to add to the pile. Less and less these days but they are fun to find. Enjoy the weekend. Regards from VT

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Most likely, six months probation for the 1st offense and 1 to 3 years incarceration on the second offense!:tongue3: Sorry, I could resist it due to the Thread's title!

Frank

OP
OP
JimVT36

JimVT36

Jan 19, 2014
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the reply Frank- a little of me feels guilty that these things have been in circulation since 1943 and I've ended it.. With everyone recycling these days I wonder the fate of future treasure hunters. A lot of pennies being melted for copper and old silver getting the same treatment. Bottles and jars are crushed to become new as is most metal. The old auto junk yards I used to visit are all gone so Stealing is far off as I've taken them out of circulation. Perhaps I'll throw a few back to be a good chap -regards from VT

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few hundred of these steelies pennies. Rolled and never have gone through them yet....

OP
OP
JimVT36

JimVT36

Jan 19, 2014
Vermont
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow that's quite a stash. Interesting to think there was a time in American history where copper was unavailable ( as a result of the war) no more silver, no more copper - perhaps we will see the wooden nickel reappear as metal prices continue to rise, that might make the metal detector treasure hunters mad though. Thanks for continuing the post. Fun to hear from everyone. Regards from VT - Jim
www.canadiancoinexchange.com

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread