Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont even know where to start. There are people all over the world that collect these things so I started picking them up. Hamburgers, sea purses, sea hearts, there are a bunch of different ones. Its crazy how much info there is on line about them. There called beaners. So I guess im one too cause I got a lot of them photo-43.JPG photo-39.JPG
photo-42.JPG
photo-40.JPG

Attachments

• photo-40.JPG
    photo-40.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 138

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I assume they are some sort of a seed.
What plant will grow form them?

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Whites coinmaster, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Other
when I was stationed in Guam, during the Vietnam era our squadron everyone carried a sea-bean in their pocket or flight suit.
if at anytime someone challenged you to show your bean and you didnt have it you had to buy everyone present a drink..... if you did have it the challenger would have to buy.....
Here 52 years later I still have mine but I no longer carry it

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are seeds. The plant that grows from them is usually a vine. They grow in central and south America. Some of these vines can grow up to a foot a day. They have beautiful flowers. They only grow in the tropics. The seeds can drift around in the ocean currents for years they are very durable. They can be polished to a high gloss and are worn as jewlrey. They are worn in the carribean to protect against the evil eye or to ward off voodoo curses. They are a sign of good luck. Search them online there is a lot of info about them. There is even a seabean festival in florida every year. They even have a seabeans auction for people that collect them. That is a great story oooldman. I hope they brought your squadron goodluck. Put it in your pocket for good luck when you metal detect. Im sure you'll find gold dobloons. Thank you for your sacrifice and sevice. Search them online youll be amazed at the hoopla over them.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread