I bought a collection of historical KKK memorabilia!!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a little side bar and hopefully not dabbling too much into politics but, does anyone see the Presence of the USA flag of America and the complete lack of presence of the Rebel flag? Its silly that people are demanding that the Rebel flag be removed for racial reasons and the Most racial (IMO) Club in America wasn't even using it. Silly I think

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a little side bar and hopefully not dabbling too much into politics but, does anyone see the Presence of the USA flag of America and the complete lack of presence of the Rebel flag? Its silly that people are demanding that the Rebel flag be removed for racial reasons and the Most racial (IMO) Club in America wasn't even using it. Silly I think

You hit it on the head.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Hey Truth guess what? My Kitchen is filled with Witches because of my wife-to-be...lol And I just happen to have a $50 dollar bill that would fit in that money clip...:tongue3:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
P.S. What is this? KKK trench art? :dontknow:
attachment.php

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P.S. What is this? KKK trench art? :dontknow:
attachment.php

From a Quick Google,

In April 1867, a call went out for all known Ku Klux Klan chapters or dens to send representatives to Nashville, Tenn., for a meeting that would plan, among other things, the Klan response to the new Federal Reconstruction policy.in April 1867 the First Ku Klux Klan Convention was Held in Nashville .

No I Don't think it's Trench art but I Do think it was a Purchase at the Convention,
or gift given to each of the Chapter representatives.

Last edited:

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These look authentic:
View attachment 1644865 View attachment 1644867 View attachment 1644870 View attachment 1644871

And these look like they might be authentic:
View attachment 1644856 View attachment 1644857 View attachment 1644858

All the rest looks like relatively modern reproduction or fantasy items. Those goofball 1919 tokens are particularly groan-worthy. They may still have value but not like the genuine articles. That 1916 silver-looking Alabama token (made from a smoothed dollar or half?) is the prize in my opinion. Very interesting collection, but I prefer Nazi memorabilia myself :tongue3:.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
This collection is just unbelievable! I can't get over it.

You'd make some major bank on that $50 investment if you decided to sell it. I 'think' it would even appeal to the Black History and Black Americana collector market.

Great Job On Saving History!

Kace

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My fiance' found a KKK belt buckle among her deceased husbands things as well as antique brass knuckles, lead filled blackjack and what were most likely 'plant' guns from his time as a police chief in Illinois.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This collection is just unbelievable! I can't get over it.

You'd make some major bank on that $50 investment if you decided to sell it. I 'think' it would even appeal to the Black History and Black Americana collector market.

Great Job On Saving History!

Kace

Thanks Kace I appreciate that

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From a Quick Google,

In April 1867, a call went out for all known Ku Klux Klan chapters or dens to send representatives to Nashville, Tenn., for a meeting that would plan, among other things, the Klan response to the new Federal Reconstruction policy.in April 1867 the First Ku Klux Klan Convention was Held in Nashville .

No I Don't think it's Trench art but I Do think it was a Purchase at the Convention,
or gift given to each of the Chapter representatives.

Thank you for the history of this piece. That means a lot to me jeff

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only 2 Articles I can Find for April 1867 Tenesee

Thank you for the history of this piece. That means a lot to me jeff

The Pulaski citizen. (Pulaski, Tenn.), 19 April 1867.

ooo111.jpg
ooo222.jpg
ooo333.jpg
ooo444.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...klan&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

If someone Could Find the Rendezvous
There could be Relics There.
If it's still Woods

The Pulaski citizen. (Pulaski, Tenn.), 26 April 1867

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...Klan&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I see a bunch of stuff and among it are known "fantasy" items I tend to view the whole lot as likely fantasy or fakes. There are definitely more than one modern fantasy or fake items in the group here, and I would seriously doubt the veracity of any of it. I think the old man did well and soaked the buyer with a bunch of flea market junk. KKK items are highly faked and many fantasy items abound at fleas and on the net. Better luck next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions