I bought a collection of historical KKK memorabilia!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
only 2 Articles I can Find for April 1867 Tenesee

The Pulaski citizen. (Pulaski, Tenn.), 19 April 1867.

View attachment 1645335
View attachment 1645336
View attachment 1645337
View attachment 1645338

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...klan&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

If someone Could Find the Rendezvous
There could be Relics There.
If it's still Woods

The Pulaski citizen. (Pulaski, Tenn.), 26 April 1867

View attachment 1645329
View attachment 1645330
View attachment 1645331
View attachment 1645332

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...Klan&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

This is so interesting I’m gonna do some more research on this. Do you think in your opinion the belt buckle, knife, watch, money clip etc. authentic? They where made here. http://www.noblenet.org/salem/wiki/index.php/Daniel_Low_&_Company

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I see a bunch of stuff and among it are known "fantasy" items I tend to view the whole lot as likely fantasy or fakes. There are definitely more than one modern fantasy or fake items in the group here, and I would seriously doubt the veracity of any of it. I think the old man did well and soaked the buyer with a bunch of flea market junk. KKK items are highly faked and many fantasy items abound at fleas and on the net. Better luck next time.

Thanks for your opinion, but if $50 ever “soaks” me I’m in the wrong business lol

Just did one research not to bad the belt buckle alone is selling for $115.
:)))

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly, the watch, belt buckle, knife, and money clip are definitely all modern fantasy items, never were any made in the heyday of the Klan. Ditto for the state tokens. I believe all your items are fantasy pieces and that the seller ""saw you coming". To all you gentlemen who remarked about such wonderful historical items you would all have been taken to the cleaners had you seen these items for sale and purchased any. At least fifty bucks won't break most folks' banks and is a fairly cheap price to pay for a lesson. I have seen a bunch of fantasy KKK bowie knives sell in the several hundred dollar plus range and they were as fake as the day is long. One flea market and antique show rule is "if it says KKK run away" since most if not all of it is fake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sadly, the watch, belt buckle, knife, and money clip are definitely all modern fantasy items, never were any made in the heyday of the Klan. I believe all your items are fantasy pieces and that the seller ""saw you coming". To all you gentlemen who remarked about such wonderful historical items you would all have been taken to the cleaners had you seen these items for sale and purchased any. At least fifty bucks won't break most folks' banks and is a fairly cheap price to pay for a lesson. I have seen a bunch of fantasy KKK bowie knives sell in the several hundred dollar plus range and they were as fake as the day is long. One flea market and antique show rule is "if it says KKK run away" since most if not all of it is fake.

http://atlantarelics.com/cgi-bin/Display_Item.asp?5043

Man those fantasy pieces are bring the money!! I did great [emoji1360]

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only likely fantasy pieces I would have thought are the Daniel Low & Company pieces with the Salem Mass Witch logo.
Daniel Low & Co. became famous for their souvenir witch spoon. they may have created other fantasy pieces, or maybe even created things for real groups like the Klan because of their expertise .

Years ago I Purchased a Bunch of Klan Paper Products at a Local Auction.
Klan News Papers , Etc.

The Papers had a Section where they Sold Collectables , Bumper stickers,
White Only Bathroom Stickers , Jewelry Etc.
These papers were Not real old, Though I Don't remember the date.
My Nephew sold them on Ebay for me, Before Ebay became Political & Timid.
So the way I feel, Even 20th. Century Klan Pieces Could be real.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
only likely fantasy pieces I would have thought are the Daniel Low & Company pieces with the Salem Mass Witch logo.
Daniel Low & Co. became famous for their souvenir witch spoon. they may have created other fantasy pieces, or maybe even created things for real groups like the Klan because of their expertise .

Years ago I Purchased a Bunch of Klan Paper Products at a Local Auction.
Klan News Papers , Etc.

The Papers had a Section where they Sold Collectables , Bumper stickers,
White Only Bathroom Stickers , Jewelry Etc.
These papers were Not real old, Though I Don't remember the date.
So the way I feel, Even 20th. Century Klan Pieces Could be real.

So you think I got “soaked” at $4 a piece? Lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sadly, the watch, belt buckle, knife, and money clip are definitely all modern fantasy items, never were any made in the heyday of the Klan. Ditto for the state tokens. I believe all your items are fantasy pieces and that the seller ""saw you coming". To all you gentlemen who remarked about such wonderful historical items you would all have been taken to the cleaners had you seen these items for sale and purchased any. At least fifty bucks won't break most folks' banks and is a fairly cheap price to pay for a lesson. I have seen a bunch of fantasy KKK bowie knives sell in the several hundred dollar plus range and they were as fake as the day is long. One flea market and antique show rule is "if it says KKK run away" since most if not all of it is fake.

You started off your comment with “Sadly” you could have been honest with me/yourself and said “Happily” Lol

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you think I got “soaked” at $4 a piece? Lol

LOL You made a Killing imo

Klan Fantasy Pieces ?

Why ?

The Klan is Mostly a secret Organization.

And most Manufactures Would get Political & Paranoid if contracted to Run off
10,000 KKK Money Clips, & add their Logo :laughing7:

I would guess Most Klan stuff Would be Run off by Small Mom & Pop Businesses

Like Daniel Low & Company & Smaller.

I'm not Talking Age, But I see no reason to Believe the Watch wasn't Created for a Klansman to Buy, Making it a Legit Piece.

I'm sure not only collectors buy Klan Stuff, They just Pay more.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AtlantaRelics.com Catalog

Man those fantasy pieces are bring the money!! I did great [emoji1360]

That is only an asking price on another fake, it is not a sold price, wouldn't matter, it is still a fake. There were thousands of fake "Tiffany" wild west and Wells Fargo buckles sold years ago, took a lot of folks. Lots of fake Wells Fargo still around, along with the KKK junk. Padlocks have become collectable, there are now thousands of fake RR padlocks on the market, and don't even think about the thousands of fake pocket knives folks get burned on on ebay every day. Doesn't make any fake valuable just because somebody actually sells one. Of course knowingly selling a fake as real is a karma buster.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is only an asking price on another fake, it is not a sold price, wouldn't matter, it is still a fake. There were thousands of fake "Tiffany" wild west and Wells Fargo buckles sold years ago, took a lot of folks. Lots of fake Wells Fargo still around, along with the KKK junk. Padlocks have become collectable, there are now thousands of fake RR padlocks on the market, and don't even think about the thousands of fake pocket knives folks get burned on on ebay every day. Doesn't make any fake valuable just because somebody actually sells one. Of course knowingly selling a fake as real is a karma buster.

Well as bitter as you sound for $4 a piece I’ll never lose....:)))) Lol

Ok I’ve had my fun with you, yes most are novelties, but not all. Somebody’s buying them. 476B2D7E-FDC1-446E-A7A6-07D27D15D0BB.png D5C7F474-DEDD-4699-B27B-025B95CB624F.jpeg

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you got a steal on all of those pieces! I have no idea if any are repro or not..To me, it wouldn't matter on those. I would of bought them..That's history and to find so many all together is just amazing.

You Did Not Get Taken Truth!

Kace

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you got a steal on all of those pieces! I have no idea if any are repro or not..To me, it wouldn't matter on those. I would of bought them..That's history and to find so many all together is just amazing.

You Did Not Get Taken Truth!

Kace

Thanks Kace I appreciate the pat on the back my friend [emoji1317]

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Firstly, I'm sure that gunsil is as happy as I am for you, as there is indeed enough of a market for the items that you can make a good return, but he is absolutely correct in his assessment.

The fact is that most of it is relatively modern fantasy/repro stuff. Sure, edgy people might pay a good amount to get and wear a Klan buckle to shock and dismay others for their personal entertainment, but don't confuse sales prices with proof of age or authenticity. Apparently (if comments on this thread are the measuring-stick) most people can't tell the difference between modern fantasy knicknacks like the pocket knife and items that are actually old and created for use by Klansmen prior to them losing all relevance and political power, back when they were the fearsome terrorist wing of the Democratic party instead of the big joke half-full of undercover feds that it is today. Respectable prices for the fantasy items is due to the fact that even collectors often can't tell the difference, let alone normal folk without any relevant experience or expertise.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Firstly, I'm sure that gunsil is as happy as I am for you, as there is indeed enough of a market for the items that you can make a good return, but he is absolutely correct in his assessment.

The fact is that most of it is relatively modern fantasy/repro stuff. Sure, edgy people might pay a good amount to get and wear a Klan buckle to shock and dismay others for their personal entertainment, but don't confuse sales prices with proof of age or authenticity. Apparently (if comments on this thread are the measuring-stick) most people can't tell the difference between modern fantasy knicknacks like the pocket knife and items that are actually old and created for use by Klansmen prior to them losing all relevance and political power, back when they were the fearsome terrorist wing of the Democratic party instead of the big joke half-full of undercover feds that it is today. Respectable prices for the fantasy items is due to the fact that even collectors often can't tell the difference, let alone normal folk without any relevant experience or expertise.

He was 98% I must say:)))

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, I'm not bitter at all, more like slightly amused. I am simply amazed that so many folks other than Plumbata on this thread are so gullible that they can't tell the difference between genuine antiques and genuine junk. I have been dealing antiques for 57 years and KNOW that the KKK stuff shown here is modern fantasy/fake stuff, I see it often at flea markets for a few bucks each. For those of you who think this stuff (antique dealers call it junk) is real or historical god bless you, but your thoughts or beliefs do not make it real or valuable. By the way, I am from New York, and have a nice bridge to Brooklyn for sale should anybody be interested LOL.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KKKK Was a Secret Organization.

I always Wondered Why They would Have things that Say, "Hey I'm a klan Member"

I'm no expert on Relics, I figured right out some if not all of the medals were Fantasy pieces.
or at least if someone had posted one Alone & asked, I would have Said "Fantasy"
and know I have on here in the Past.

Plus it is a Rule Violation 1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).
http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=authenticity

TRUTH_ Did Not Complain, Or gunsil would have been in Violation.

The Large Collection helped throw me Off.
I still Like the Pocket watch & still Call it a relic.
20 years old or 120 Years Old, It's Klan Memorabilia,
Made to Celebrate History imo.
Value of course , Not what I'm talking about.
I'm not an Antiquer

Last edited:

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored

I guess the subjective interpretation of this line is where things get sticky, as everyone possesses different degrees of experience so what is incontrovertibly obvious to one person may be completely ambiguous to another. My motivations and presumably those of gunsil were to look out for the best interests of Truth1253, I like him and don't want him possibly suffering a pile of negative feedbacks were he to sell them all on eBay (for example) without carefully investigating each piece, and am sorry if I caused any offense.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the subjective interpretation of this line is where things get sticky, as everyone possesses different degrees of experience so what is incontrovertibly obvious to one person may be completely ambiguous to another. My motivations and presumably those of gunsil were to look out for the best interests of Truth1253, I like him and don't want him possibly suffering a pile of negative feedbacks were he to sell them all on eBay (for example) without carefully investigating each piece, and am sorry if I caused any offense.

Yes I should have added You Would have technically been in Violation also .

Proper Response would have been PM's to Truth advising him.
and asking if a Public Discussion would offend

I do agree with you Though Obvious To me & Obvious to You &
Gunsil may be Subjective in this case :coffee2:

But it could have Caused an Argument & warnings

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I love it and I truly feel $50 was a steal. I could double my money down the street and wouldn’t feel like I “soaked” anybody. Sometimes it’s not what you say it’s how you deliver it, It’s like they serve you a beautiful ribeye with all the fixings, but they serve it on a old dirty garbage can lid. Lol

Plus I still know I got A LOT for a measly $50.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a sorry state of affairs if attempting to educate others is a "violation". This simply leads to many other people walking away with a belief that is incorrect. I was not trying to insult anybody, only to educate some, and let Truth know his purchase was not as good as he might have and apparently still thinks. I was also hoping to help him avoid an embarrassing situation should he offer those fantasy items for sale as real since he has stated he was planning to make a profit from them. Misinformation is like "fake news", it helps nobody, ever. I will try to be more careful in the future although I have never had any problems with postings before. Rules are rules, no matter how inane, and as a member I have agreed to abide by those of this site. I wasn't aware I may be in violation and now that I am aware I will follow Jeff's instructions. There have been many posts regarding legal hunting issues where one person states hunting is not allowed on one beach or park or another and others chime in stating that info is incorrect. Is this different than stating an object is not as advertised? Heck, in the "what is it" forum folks are constantly misidentifying things and others refute those improper IDs, is that a "violation" too? I had thought one of the main ideas of this site was education, perhaps I was mistaken.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread