Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is my meager NASCAR collection.

DSC_0079.jpg DSC_0080.jpg DSC_0081.jpg

As you can see, some of them are hand signed, and a few include pieces of sheetmetal, tire or firesuit. The one signed by Corey Lajoie, with his firesuit, is my favorite. It is #19 out of 25 ever made. I have a few more stashed somewhere.

DSC_0085.jpg DSC_0086.jpg DSC_0084.jpg

My family and I went down to Georgia on a Saturday so my mom could host an event in Savannah. We had several things planned such as arrowhead hunting the Carolinas, shark tooth hunting Tybee Island Georgia, etc. On Monday, instead of going to Tybee Island GA, to look for teeth, we decided to go to Hilton Head, SC. We didn't find a darn thing. On the way back to where we were staying, My dad remembered that a coffee/apparel company was located nearby. Black Rifle Coffee Co. and Nine Line apparel were located in the same building. It is a veteran owned and operated store. As we pulled up, we saw an entourage of people, TV cameras, a NASCAR hauler and a tarped car outside of the building. We walked over to have a look, and then the owner of the company came out a told everybody to stand behind the tarped car and yell "three, two, one" as they were pulling off the tarp. And low and behold, Jeffrey Earnhardt walked up in front of the car! We counted down, and they unveiled Jeffrey's car for the race at Darlington Raceway! It was a beautiful car, and what incredible timing! If we came two minutes later, we would have missed out. My brother and I got a picture with him, and he signed my hat, and two promotional posters for us. All I could say was, "Gee thanks Mr. Earnhardt!"

As you can see, we even ordered a custom diecast for the occasion.

1 jeffrey darlington.jpg

The car at Darlington.

1Jeffrey-Earnhardt-2018-Darlington-Raceway-paint-scheme.jpg

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's pretty cool there Ethan. Back in the day I used to collect most anything NASCAR,still have most of it. Too bad about the "Toyota" thing!! :icon_scratch:

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice collection Rusty. Here is a pic of my entire NASCAR collection from 1997.
Ever since Jeff Gordon stopped racing, kinda lost interest. Hardly know anyone now.

nascar.JPG

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Ever since Jeff Gordon stopped racing, kinda lost interest. Hardly know anyone now.

=======================

I have a very huge collection of Jeff Gordon items in the basement all boxed away. When Jeff quit driving, I kinda lost interest too. I did jump on the Jimmie Johnson bandwagon - but no collectables for/from him.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other

=======================

I have a very huge collection of Jeff Gordon items in the basement all boxed away. When Jeff quit driving, I kinda lost interest too. I did jump on the Jimmie Johnson bandwagon - but no collectables for/from him.

Yeah I like Jimmy Johnson too. Other than that, nothing

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kyle Busch. 'Nuff said.:headbang:

Jay Plunder

Aug 18, 2009
Southeastern, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to collect NASCAR cards I have many but my coolest thing other than a signed Jeff Gordon hat are the winning lugnuts from Jimmy Johnson's car when he won the ALL-STAR Race in Charlotte in 2012. I hung out with his pit crew and even helped carry some of their stuff when packing up it was really cool being in the center field. We had performed for the event with a timed flyover of the Blue Angels opening the race that day. And of course meeting the Legend Richard Petty, dude was so down to earth and fun to xhat with.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1565880472509.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565880472509.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 84
  • FB_IMG_1565880451172.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565880451172.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 76
  • FB_IMG_1565879965587.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565879965587.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 79

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's really cool I collect stuff like that old mopar parts autographs Dan Garlits I have a framed black felt thing with a ton of race car drivers I got at a sale dont even know who they are lol had it for 4 to 5 years. Cool stuff my friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread