Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably other guitar threads here, looked around and didn't see any.

Been on a kick lately, most of these I've got the past year or so, the red LP have had almost 10 years and was my only guitar [that I played] for quite a while.

Though I am right handed I play left, when I first started I didn't think twice about it and got a right handed LP copy. Learned to play upside down, a friend of mine who actually could play pretty good broke the bad news, that I have been playing upside down for almost a year and now I would have to either learn to play right handed or undo everything I have learned and flip the strings.
I opted to flip the strings, just cannot imagine strumming with my right hand. Have been through quite a few guitars over the years, first few were restrung righties [along with restringing, also need a new left handed nut and possible bridge work]. Did get a Washburn flying V so at least I didn't have the cutout issue that I had playing right handed LP's, had a few more until I finally got a custom left handed Les Paul.

Now I have 3 Schecters [I'm a shredder and these guitars are optimized for shredding] my LP, nice white Charvel SoCal and a PRS, all custom lefties. Have a very nice ESP and EVH on order, and that should do me. Also have 3 acoustics not pictured, including a high end US Taylor. Unfortunately the only USA made guitar here is the LP, others made in Indonesia or SK - I refuse to buy any chinese made instrument. My coming ESP made in Japan, and the EVH in Mexico - Their USA made models start at $3k, just a bit much for me at the moment. Plus being custom lefties they can take time, mine has been on order nearly half a year, sucks.

Recently installed this wall rack in my cave, was running out of space with standard hangers. These allow them to be swiveled and have more standout to fit more - Got 6 good screws in studs on this so am not worried about a collapse. With 6 hangers, cost about $140 shipped.

For amps I have a Fender Mustang 100 modeling amp, very nice and loud. Also have an Orange, and have my eye on a Blackstar that I was ready to buy until the idiot at guitar center told me to turn it down, whereupon I walked out. For travel I have a Yamaha THR30ll, an astounding little amp that is very loud, rich and clear, has wireless and bluetooth built in, settings can be controlled with a phone. Also have a couple nice Line 6 amps which I am in the process of selling. Spider V2 60 is nice, might keep that one. Not big on pedals/effects don't use them often, do have a couple nice overdrive units and a wah pedal.

Attachments

• IMG_6582.jpg
    IMG_6582.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6583.jpg
    IMG_6583.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6584.jpg
    IMG_6584.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6581.jpg
    IMG_6581.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, the "whats the worse smelling poop" thread is going on 4 pages, not 1 reply for guitars hmm ok, maybe most metal detecting guys are more into poop than guitars

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
7BE4F093-F615-4920-AE39-EE89D6C7A5D9.jpeg . 0EA1F3D2-D7D6-4309-93F1-1E7B9239B08D.jpeg

Here’s my electrics. Got an omen extreme 6 and a fender strat blue sunburst. Also have two acoustics, an Ibanez and a Mitchell. Amp is a boss katana 50

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of those, you can not have enough guitars. I have a 72 Fender Tele thinline, 1985 Fender Performer one year made, 1950 Gibson L-48, 1959 Kay swingmaster, 1964 Gibson LG-1, Huss and Dalton TOM-E Custom, Rickenbacker, Custom Prisma, Rocky Replica, EJ-200, Faith, Schecter, and there are some that are not in picture. and thin the herd a little. Running old National Tube amp, Fender and Blackstar. Always fun around the house.
guitar 2.jpg
guitar 1.jpg

OP
OP
Xraywolf

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice collection of acoustics er.
Only have 3 but 3 very nice ones, I can see a couple more on the horizon but the problem is, very very rare to see any decent high end acoustics at guitar center being a lefty, they have dozens of righties. Moreso than with electrics, I require to play them before I drop $2k but more and more that is just not possible.

Would love to get a high end carbon fiber acoustic but for sure no way to try before I buy. Had this one not long ago, my dream acoustic USA made Gibson Hummingbird lefty. Hit the lotto and got it for $1,200 on craigslist, seller actually wanted $1,000 but I insisted on a little more, it was clear to me they didn't have a good idea of the value of this thing. Had it about half a year and was offered $2,500 which was too much for me to resist so I sold it. Was so beautiful and precious that I hardly took it out of the case - And as every guitarist knows, the best guitar you'll ever have is the one you play the most. I just didn't see hanging a jewel like this on the wall so I never would have played it often, the profit I made from it funded another purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_6198.jpg
    IMG_6198.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 61

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hard to beat a red shechter

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of acoustics er.
Only have 3 but 3 very nice ones, I can see a couple more on the horizon but the problem is, very very rare to see any decent high end acoustics at guitar center being a lefty, they have dozens of righties. Moreso than with electrics, I require to play them before I drop $2k but more and more that is just not possible.

Would love to get a high end carbon fiber acoustic but for sure no way to try before I buy. Had this one not long ago, my dream acoustic USA made Gibson Hummingbird lefty. Hit the lotto and got it for $1,200 on craigslist, seller actually wanted $1,000 but I insisted on a little more, it was clear to me they didn't have a good idea of the value of this thing. Had it about half a year and was offered $2,500 which was too much for me to resist so I sold it. Was so beautiful and precious that I hardly took it out of the case - And as every guitarist knows, the best guitar you'll ever have is the one you play the most. I just didn't see hanging a jewel like this on the wall so I never would have played it often, the profit I made from it funded another purchase.

Nice hummingbird. Love my Gibsons, but the Huss and Dalton are made in the mountains of Virginia, very nice guitars and fun to play, i have one and they have left handed as well. Check them out they have so many different sizes from 00 to jumbo and all hand made. Love them.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Squier HM Strat reverse. Strings are removed as there are grooves in the frets... Fret job time! Level, crown and polish.

IMG_8084 (2).JPG

BC Rich KKV.

KKV one.jpg

Projects. I have A body for the 24 fret Samick Scorpion. And will have a single pickup Kramer body (EVH) for the custom built Kramer neck. The Birdseye maple Warmoth neck? Not yet. Scalloped Kramer neck is a wreck that I'm trying to fix.

IMG_8088 (2).JPG

New pups in the Les Paul.

IMG_7609 (2).JPG

Kramer.

IMG_8095 (2).JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread