My coin collection (Go easy on me, Im only 15)

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My coin collection (Go easy on me, I'm only 15)

You will go far my friend, for being so young and you understand what saving is and that it will only increase in value. I could have a hundred dollar bill and in 10 years it would still be a $100. You on the other hand have a nice collection that will only increase and increase in value.

That being said.....I am still crying because I can't even afford one gold coin, guess that just motivates me more to find one metal detecting.

Keep it up and keep posting

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum

Cannonman17 said:
Wow, very nice coins! I couldn't have raked that many yards or packed enough groceries in my day to buy coins that nice!

I second that! What kind of job do you have at 15 that lets you buy such expensive coins?? Maybe I need to work there!

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job..I started working on my numismatist merit badge in scouts and was hooked....Keep them in a safe location....Steve

Kiss

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2008
Wales UK and Norway
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

WOW :o
Your collection is awesome!!! It beet's mine my more miles then I can drive.
keep up the excellent collection!!!

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE

Only 15 ?? Go easy??...........I'm 33 and I've never actually held a St. gaudens, yes, it hurts a little. Really nice CC morgan, I have yet to pick up a CC, but I just acquired a gorgeous '78 P. Keep it up, I wish I would have started when I was younger(back when silver was under $4 an ounce :P).

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30

Do you have anything that is not better than my whole collection? I don't call that the start to a collection. I call it an awesome collection already. I was interested in Egypt growing up also. Then I found out there was more school involved and it wasn't just digging. I also studied the Inca, Mayans and Aztecs and recently went to Chichen Itza. My next goal is Machu Picchu. Good luck with your collection and great start on your own museum!

idighistory

Feb 19, 2008
Bellaire Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/ Pioneer 202

When I was your age I started on Wheat cents and you have what holy cow dude! you are away ahead, cool awesome collection. Question is, how much do you get a week for your allowance?

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX

Hey Ted, I love the Gold Indian, and the St, Gaudens, keep up that good work.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

Very nice job! :thumbsup: Looks like you have put a lot of effort into it.

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550

Awesome ted,I don't care how old you are even if you were sixty that is a pretty nice collection.
The coins that you have are pretty remarkable, a lot of older people don't even have coins like you got.
Keep up the collecting because coins like that only goes up in value.
So my hat is off to you for starting so young.It is a blessing to see the younger one's keeping collecting item from the past.

fortbball9

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Outstanding young MAN!!! it's great seeing young people into this sort of thing,you've done very well keep it up! it just about brought tears to my eye's,i don't even know you and i'm PROUD of you! Happy Hunting!!!

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin

You must have a better paying job than I do cuz that's one heck of a collection.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

wish i could have gotten gold coins when i was 15...you are lucky dude :thumbsup:

jlb783

Dec 1, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Outback

That is an awesome collection, I'm 15 and I have been collecting coins since I was 14 and 1/2 I can't afford any gold coins but I'm am trying to save money, but its hard because I see coins everywhere and I WANT THEM!!! so I will buy them if they are a good price which they usually are.

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

all i acn say is them dang teenagers still wet behind the ear
making me look like a fool
keep it up ted your on your way

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA

ted750 said:
I've ammassed this collection over the past five years, and it is something I am very proud of. I really enjoy looking at the many impressive collections and finds posted here on Tnet and I hope one day my collection will match the prowess of some of your hoards. The coin pictured below is the pride of my collection, my Athenian Tetradrachm. I purchased it at a convention about 4 years ago for 200 dollars (SCORE!) and I just got around to getting it certified.... IT'S AUTHENTIC! Below I will post some of the other highlights of my collection, I hope that you guys enjoy viewing it as much as I enjoyed viewing yours.
Nice, btw I'm 15 too, don't worry :icon_thumright: ;D

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA

That is a FANOMINAL collection!!! Thats better than ANYTHING I have :notworthy:

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wholly crap, young man!

I've been collecting junk silver and other coins (on and off) for as long as you are old and I don't have near as much silver as you do!

Your collection is quite impressive and may I pass along a word of advice: investments serve two purposes; One is to make your life more comfortable with the money and riches you accumulate during yours, but it's the wealth you build that serves to improve your children and their children's lives in the years to come. I know at this point it may be tough to think in terms of what you're doing next week let alone what you need for your family in 50 years, but consider the great opportunity you have to build lasting wealth, if you start now. Trust me - that's a lesson I missed out on during my 37+ years on this earth and now it's all about starting and saving what I can for my generations to come. I know that's a lot to take in, but I implore you to start planning now for this truth.

Again, great collection and might I suggest you go in halvsies with your parental units on a gun safe -slash- vault to protect your assets?

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010

ted750 said:
These are an 1883-CC Morgan dollar in MS-64 DMPL grade and a 1928 St. Gaudens double eagle.

Go easy on you? Where the heck did you those coins from?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread