My coin collection (Go easy on me, Im only 15)

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My coin collection (Go easy on me, I'm only 15)

I think.....really......that the "15" was a key that was hit wrong.......
Maybe, 45, or 55.....but, 15? Your collection is inspiring......
but your typing leaves a bit to be desired......:)

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010

coincrazed said:
ted750 said:
Well, due to popular demand, I've decided to post a bit more of my cr- I mean wonderful collectibles....

First up is this 1854 gold dollar and 1908 liberty head half eagle I bought both at a local coin shop as au 58 examples, but if you ask most people they grade around ms-62.... I had other coin shop people look at them.
The hell do you mean? You don't like your collection? I would WORSHIP it!
he prob inherited it.....

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a wonderful collection!!!!!!! hey, would you mind giving me the breakdown of the pile of silver? like how many morgan/peace dollars, one ounce bullion coins/bars, how much money face value in 90% just silver dimes quarters and halves and so on? anyway, amazing collection, congrats!

OP
OP
T

ted750

Aug 20, 2006

The easy explanation as to why I have such a collection is that when I was 15 I started working at a high paying position in a large coin store. I managed to impress the owners with an uncanny knowledge of ancient numismatics. I'm 18 now, and my collection is much, much larger - perhaps quadrupled in size. My latest acquisition is a gold Stater of Alexander III (The Great) of Macedon. I expanded into Byzantine gold and Spanish Colonial silver, finished my type set and gold type set and acquired a few more U.S. gold coins just as an investment. I'm also hoping to deepen my knowledge of Islamic coinage of the Ummayad and Fatimid Caliphates, and for my next large purchase I hope to acquire a half Mnaieon of Ptolemy III or an Aureus of Nero.

gtfan76

Jun 24, 2010

ted750 said:
The easy explanation as to why I have such a collection is that when I was 15 I started working at a high paying position in a large coin store. I managed to impress the owners with an uncanny knowledge of ancient numismatics. I'm 18 now, and my collection is much, much larger - perhaps quadrupled in size. My latest acquisition is a gold Stater of Alexander III (The Great) of Macedon. I expanded into Byzantine gold and Spanish Colonial silver, finished my type set and gold type set and acquired a few more U.S. gold coins just as an investment. I'm also hoping to deepen my knowledge of Islamic coinage of the Ummayad and Fatimid Caliphates, and for my next large purchase I hope to acquire a half Mnaieon of Ptolemy III or an Aureus of Nero.

I would kill to get a job, NOT necessarily at a coin shop(which would be a dream come true), and NOT even a high paying job(which I would take one of course). I dont think you realize how lucky you are.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

ted750 said:
EDIT - Thanks kybowhunter, you would be surprised how much I hear that, I mean about that whole, if had known when I was little that my mickey mantle card blah blah blah you know the story! That's why I'm starting to hoard my junk at a young age.

This is a Romanus III byzantine solidus and a really horrible picture of an otherwise purty 1854 large O seated quarter that I found in my front yard. (My neighborhood was built in the 1930-40's and I can't find any old maps of my neighborhood, any ideas on how it got there?)

Check out this thread for some older maps.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,389337.0.html

floodcitykid

Nov 3, 2008
Appomattox coVirginia
Detector(s) used
whites eagle spectrum
fisher gold bug

ted750 said:
I've ammassed this collection over the past five years, and it is something I am very proud of. I really enjoy looking at the many impressive collections and finds posted here on Tnet and I hope one day my collection will match the prowess of some of your hoards. The coin pictured below is the pride of my collection, my Athenian Tetradrachm. I purchased it at a convention about 4 years ago for 200 dollars (SCORE!) and I just got around to getting it certified.... IT'S AUTHENTIC! Below I will post some of the other highlights of my collection, I hope that you guys enjoy viewing it as much as I enjoyed viewing yours.

Great start, Love the Roman coin!!!!!!!

Keep at it

Floodcitykid

Tamu15whoop

Greenie
Apr 10, 2011

Wow, i never thought i would find someone like me. Haha, im 18 and i have been working in a large coin shop since i was 15 too! I mostly collect US though. Great to see that the hobby isnt only old people haha

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000

Can't go easy on anyone who owns a St. Gaudens...

JK that is a very nice collection. The only gold coin I own is a tiny Mexican Dos Peso.

Keep on collecting. I wish I had started at your age.

capndan151

Apr 29, 2007
Costa Mesa CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX

I know a lot of "grown ups" who dont have a 20 dollar gold coin. Great start!

Plug

Jul 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty sweet collection, i sure wish i had bought more gold 10 or 15 years ago when it was $250 an oz.... maybe you'll be saying that someday about today's prices...

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incedible collection dude. I'm 26, been collecting since i was 8, I only have a few gold coins and about a third of your silver haha, keep up the good work and let us know when you get your next big score, gl out there

silversnacher

Jun 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lol I know you posted this awhile age but I'm almost 15 and wondering how you go about getting a job that awesome? Lol I'm hoping to get a minimum wage job as a lifeguard this summer but coin shop would be AMAZING!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions