Attachments

• airbase 006.jpg
    airbase 006.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 311

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
A buddy who works for the local power company explained the impact causes the pole to "bow" in the opposite direction and if hard enough, snaps the pole at the point of most stress, a few feet above the car.

Something about all the "energy" being concentrated at the highest point of the pole, physics, inertia and a few other things that i don't quite remember. He also mentioned its rather costly to repair, hope the guy has good insurance. :wink:

(This particular buddy is the master of mischief, he could have been jerkin me around )

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low Flying Craft from the Airport :wink:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goin this fast I can see it and yes the driver was probably drunk (did they survive?) It happens here everyone knows cause power will go out for a whole area of town!

Attachments

• trans_carspeeding_1006.jpg
    trans_carspeeding_1006.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 184

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Blacksheep said:
A buddy who works for the local power company explained the impact causes the pole to "bow" in the opposite direction and if hard enough, snaps the pole at the point of most stress, a few feet above the car.

Something about all the "energy" being concentrated at the highest point of the pole, physics, inertia and a few other things that i don't quite remember. He also mentioned its rather costly to repair, hope the guy has good insurance. :wink:

(This particular buddy is the master of mischief, he could have been jerkin me around )

Sounds about right from what was explained to me from the local lineman. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eagle77 said:
Blacksheep said:

yup

Sounds about right from what was explained to me from the local lineman. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread