A few local scenes

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
The first pic is the pilot boat that takes a local river pilot out to thepassing freighters to take it through the river.
next is is the old train drawbridge to allow sailboats access up the Black River to their boat club docks. From standing where I'm taking the pic of the flowers, the trainbridge is straight out from me, This Black River flows through the center of town inh frontof me. Right behind me it flows into the St Clair River which is a part of the
St Lawrence Seaway.

Attachments

• pilot_boat.jpg
    pilot_boat.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 215
  • Railroad Bridge2.jpg
    Railroad Bridge2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Sidewalk border.jpg
    Sidewalk border.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 224
OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello, wesfrye53

Yes it was warm. taken about a month back when it was 75 and 80 degrees.

Hi there gilmerman,

Before the weather gets too bad the boats are all taken out of the water and stored for the winter. Except for the Pilot boat , which has to be used until the end of the shipping season. If the ice gets too bad the Coast Guard ice breaker makes a path so it can reach the freighters. It is quite a sight to watch the ice breaker do its job with the thick ice.

Thanks, guys for the replies.

Ray Karenray08

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Great memories for me, Ray. Thanks for posting these. If ya could, would you take a pic of the cutter for me?? I used to catch walleyes under that boat.

DM

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Thanks, guys for your replies. I'm glad you liked the pics. I'll get a pic of the Cutter Bramble for you. It is often at
the Seaway dock now that the Coast Guard has the new Hollyhock stationed here at their own dock.

Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread