Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My nephew and I went deer hunting together last fall over near Camden, Arkansas. He got this nice 13 point buck. I got to help him with it. I never saw a shootable deer the whole season. Monty

Oops! technical problem., pic to follow soon as I get it fixed! Sorry I couldn't get the picture any bigger! :wink:

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 555

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he sure has a pretty face too, with the dark and the set off by the white, I would be proud of him. Hopefully I will see something this year myself.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Texan, they don't weigh them in Arkansas for some reason?But they are not very big body wise, I'd guess 130 to 140? Monty

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful Buck Monty.....has he had it scored yet? I'm checking out this main frame 8 behind my building at work who is wreaking havoc on the smaller tree's.I have to take him out with the bow if I get the chance.Congrat's to your Nephew,and hopefully this will be your year for the Taxidermy bill :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it has been scored. It was one of the largest heads taken in Arkansas last fall and it was noted in the state game and fish publication. Arkansas is not known for big racks, so for Arkansas it is a humongous deer head. Monty

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was never that alert. Or I was going to pretend and shoot him in the back when he left. ;D M :D nty

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The left antler has several non-typical points that don't show up in the picture. The way they count points in Arkansas is if you can hang a ring on it, so probably a 10 or 11 point to many parts of the country. Monty

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monty said:
The left antler has several non-typical points that don't show up in the picture. The way they count points in Arkansas is if you can hang a ring on it, so probably a 10 or 11 point to many parts of the country. Monty

Still an impressive buck :thumbsup:

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Monty said:

Still an impressive buck :thumbsup:

Poor thing had no legs ;D ;D ;D

Hal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread