Did you THANK A VET Yesterday?

J.P.

Greenie
Oct 27, 2008
Medford, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
I was going through some photos I had yesterday with my Son and Nephew from when I was in the USAF. I got out last Jan after serving 10 years because I could no longer handle my mission. The continuous cycle of dead and wounded being Med-Evac'ed takes a toll on people. They say you become numb................but I guess I'm the minority.

Sorry got a little deep there.

Well anyway, I decided to post some photos for you to view.

Attachments

• my squadron.jpg
    my squadron.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 440
  • tent city.jpg
    tent city.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 410
  • tank offload.jpg
    tank offload.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 418
  • our C-17.jpg
    our C-17.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 418
  • kuwait to iraq.jpg
    kuwait to iraq.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 417
  • irbal iraq.jpg
    irbal iraq.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 421
  • iraqi gold.jpg
    iraqi gold.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 437
  • city gates.jpg
    city gates.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 437
  • bombed bunker.jpg
    bombed bunker.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 435
  • baghdad international.jpg
    baghdad international.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 434
  • secound tour.jpg
    secound tour.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 430
  • first tour.jpg
    first tour.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 436
S

stefen

Regardless of the time you contributed, thank you for each moment.

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Yes, I called my buddy yesterday to thank him for being a vetern.

He was a coxain..sp? and was delerving soldiers to the beaches of Normandy!

He told me stories that most folks would be tossing their cookies.

Thank you for our service, I was an emt from 1972 to 2000.
I know a bit about being numb.

Thank you sir for what you did for our country!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Yes, J. P., I did. May God bless all you vets for your service to our country. And you guys in the Medical units; both present and past; deserve special blessings. You are all so very necessary and everyone here owes you all so much.

Thank you, for your service.

Ray Karenray08

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
Hey .....in those photos those 4 crates of gold..... who gets the gold now?.....that looks like 1000 lbs per pallet give or take a few....thats close to 45 to 50 million us...$$$$$$$ ......nice score.....

thanks to all.....

db

OP
OP
J.P.

J.P.

Greenie
Oct 27, 2008
Medford, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
DanB said:
Hey .....in those photos those 4 crates of gold..... who gets the gold now?.....that looks like 1000 lbs per pallet give or take a few....thats close to 45 to 50 million us...$$$$$$$ ......nice score.....

thanks to all.....

db

They were confiscated from one of Saddam's Palaces. I guess the gold went back into the "war effort bucket". That was the first and only time I had ever seen gold like that. They were so heavy............If only I could have one bar. FYI... What you dont see is the other 6 pallets already loaded on the C-17.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I attended a dinner where they asked all the Vet's to stand & be recognized, it gives you a good feeling.
and I salute all the Veterans.

Fossis.................

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Why just thank you guys for one day? :wink: Yes I did but every time I run in to someone in the services I thank them for what they are doing for our country.

Men and women like you defend our freedom for people like me and my family. I could never tell you how thankful and proud of our armed services I am. Most of my friends are Marines and AF and I see what they have done or are doing.

Thanks for the pictures, very cool.

Jason

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of them! From all the wars!

Attachments

• Honoring them All.jpg
    Honoring them All.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 286
  • Honoring them All.jpg
    Honoring them All.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 283

Suckerpunched

Nov 15, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
I always thank them when I can as I know it is appreciated.....although most people don't know how the experience has affected them.....God Bless and protect them all...........
TC ....USAF 1973-1995.

swampfox

Feb 19, 2007
orangeburgh,south carolina
Detector(s) used
ace 250 and others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI, SWAMPFOX HERE. THAT IS THE NAME OF THE SQUADRON IWAS A MEMBER FROM SD 169TH SQDRON . IT IS LOCATED IN COLUMBIA SC. IT IS AN AIR GUARD UNIT I WAS A MEMBER FOR 20 YEARS AND KNOW IM RETIRED . SO TO SAY TO A FELLOW MILITARY SERVICE THANKS FOR ALL U DO TO MAKE OUR COUNTRY SAFE AND FREE. THANKS AGAIN . SWAMPFOX PS. ASU KNOW THE SWAMPFOXWAS SOLDIER THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION AND HAD A GROUP OF MEN THAT WERE THE BEST SNIPERS . THEY REALLY TOOK A TOAL ON THE BRITISH . HIS REAL NAME WAS FRANCIS MARION. SO NOW U KNOW . THANKS AGAIN FOR BEING A VET. SWAMPFOX

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree thank you for your service and thank you too for posting the great shots!
We went to a music show that night guys doing civil war type music in old style dress and before it was over they asked a group at a time to stand as they played their song ARMY, NAVY, MARINES, COAST GUARD, and my favorite AIR FORCE ( my dad for over 20 years)

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mental Granny said:
I agree thank you for your service and thank you too for posting the great shots!
We went to a music show that night guys doing civil war type music in old style dress and before it was over they asked a group at a time to stand as they played their song ARMY, NAVY, MARINES, COAST GUARD, and my favorite AIR FORCE ( my dad for over 20 years)

Yes, and I also patted myself on the back for serving 23 years in the Marines and serving in 2 conflicts :icon_sunny:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank-you too CJH! All service persons should always be thanked and prayed for as always!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions