Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buck and great pics....one like that steps in my front yard and he won;t be long going from my front yard to my freezer... :wink:

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Not enough Food in the store ? if you keep killing the (DEER) there will be none (Left... >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :(

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are more deer in the USA today than in colonial times. Thanks to Hunters conservation efforts. Monty

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin finder said:
Not enough Food in the store ? if you keep killing the (DEER) there will be none (Left... >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :(

Sorry, but my ancestors didn't;t scratch and claw their way to the top of the food chain for me to be a vegetarian... :icon_scratch: And hunting deer at least gives them a chance in their own enviroment, rather than just a slaughter like domestic animals raised for food, and as Monty said...there are more deer now than in colonial times thanks to hunters money and conservation efforts, also it ensures a healthy herd...jsut ask people where the deer area and hunting isn;t allowed...they have over run the places and destroy all the gardens and shrubs etc.

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like a doctored photo. Deer photo superimposed on the background. More apparent in the first photo than in the second. Fess up.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Mac In Oak Ridge said:
Looks to me like a doctored photo. Deer photo superimposed on the background. More apparent in the first photo than in the second. Fess up.

Hmmmm, you may be right. Look at the U shape where the two front forks meet on the left antler and the Vshpe of the same atler in the second photo? Could just be because in the second photo the head is raised though giving a different perspective. In any case it would put quite a bit of meat in the freezer.

OP
OP
H

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mac and Tin Nugget....photos are not doctored. I have tons of deer in my yard. They drink out of my gold processing buckets...a much more convenient source of clean water than walking all the way to the creek....see my posts in prospecting/dredging/panning/sluicing. I posted other deer pics there along with a funny story about them
Rick

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,186793.0.html

here is a shot from the backyard

Attachments

• mr big 5 11-20-2008 2-05-16 PM.JPG
    mr big 5 11-20-2008 2-05-16 PM.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 593

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
Nice pics of a Mule deer. Do you ever go hunting for shed antlers? I would love to find some sheds.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hurthawk, Sorry if I offended. It is just in the first photo that deer looks like he is floating in the photo. His feet don't look like they are touching the ground. Optical illusion I would guess.

We have deer here also, white tails. I can't grow tomatoes anymore in my yard. They eat the blossom ends off before the bloom is over and I grow bushes but get no tomato.

homer007

Jan 11, 2008
BAIBRIDGE GA
Detector(s) used
WHITE PI PRO, TIGER SHARK,TESORO DELEON/XLT® E-Series Metal Detector. Whites PI Pro Detector
About 4 months ago one of my workers called me to tell me that he had good news and bad news. i asked him what the good news, he told me he got a 8 point buck. i said great, whats the bad news. he responded, your truck is in bad shape...i could only laugh. when i turned the damage of 7 thousand dollers to the insurance company, i didnt know that the little geico lizzered could cuss.. hehehe ;D

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"There won't be any left..." Please tell me nobody still believes that. I saw one today on the way to work that had just been hit and killed on a major road going through south Charlotte, N.C. I see them laying around hit all the time and Charlotte isn't a place out in the sticks. We were going to the car one Sunday morning on the way to church and there were 6 in my back yard. I have a little over 1/2 acre in South Charlotte with no major woods anywhere near me. They are WAY overpopulated. People need to hunt them a lot more than they currently do and people need to respect the rights of those who do hunt.

HH,
Ramapirate

OP
OP
H

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
homer007 said:
About 4 months ago one of my workers called me to tell me that he had good news and bad news. i asked him what the good news, he told me he got a 8 point buck. i said great, whats the bad news. he responded, your truck is in bad shape...i could only laugh. when i turned the damage of 7 thousand dollers to the insurance company, i didnt know that the little geico lizzered could cuss.. hehehe ;D

Attachments

• geico 2.JPG
    geico 2.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 542

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread